Trusted Contributor

at home chemical peel suggestions? MUAC or ASDM

I am thinking of trying an at home chemical peel. TCA I had one in the plastic surgeons office a long time ago and it was great but too exensive for me to do frequently. And not sure what percentage but it was deep. Any suggestions? I am looking at the MUAC. Maybe the 15%. thick skin, sun damage, dark spots, rough skin and large pores. help. TIA.

Super Contributor

Re: at home chemical peel suggestions? MUAC or ASDM

I am using the ASDM Glycolic and Lactic Peel. I have good luck and no bad reactions even after I pulled out the wrong bottle and applied it over retin-a for 10 minutes before it dawned on me. I have a scar on my left hand and a few pigment spots so when I put it on my face I also put it on my hands. The scar and the spots are both fading without additional products other that hand cream and lotion. ASDM sells many different strength's all you have to do is email them and they will suggest what your skin can handle. There is a sale going on till the 3rd for antioxidants and possibly the higher dose of vit C may even better for you. The code is toward the end of the ASDM post.

Super Contributor

Please be careful. TCA peels are strong and you could do more harm than good. Personally, I recommend starting with something more gentle. Both ASDM and MUAC have good peels.

Trusted Contributor

I've been slowly working my way up the peels from MUAC, used their radiance peel, fade peel, and 8% TCA peel. I've done two 8% TCA peels, the first one using one layer and the second one using two layers.

The first 8% TCA peel was not that big a deal, peeling was like that of a very mild sunburn.

The second 8% TCA peel (two layers) stung a little bit more, the peeling was like that of a mild to medium sunburn. Had a couple of 'ugly' days where the peeling was quite noticeable. The peeling for each peel took 10-12 days to complete.

If you're going to do TCA peels, MUAC recommends starting with the 8% or 12% first, rather than jumping into a 15% peel right off the bat unless you know for sure that your skin can handle a 15% peel. I recommend that you closely read their information on TCA peels on their website and if you have further questions, call them up and talk to them. And don't forget to do a patch test prior to the peel so that you don't have any unpleasant surprises.

One thing I like about MUAC is that you can buy these peels in small quantities and they are quite economical.

Also, read the testimonial section on the MUAC website because people will send in before/after photos and explain what peels they used. It's very helpful information if you're trying to decide which peel will address your particular issues.

Also, sign up to receive emails from MUAC because they frequently have flash sales.

Respected Contributor

For reasons Sweet Susie posted, MUAC. Please patch test even though you've had peels at the doc.
Valued Contributor

I also have the MUAC 8% TCA peel. If you follow their directions carefully, you should be very pleased. The 8% is their introductory "lunchtime peel" to the TCA's and because this was my first TCA peel, I didn't want a mess of my skin as a first time user. I have one more app and that will be it for me. I just don't have the time to mess with it any longer.

Trusted Contributor

thank you. I think I will start with a lower percentage and work my way up. The last thing I need is more damage. But I am going to use MUAC.

Super Contributor

I have been a customer of MUAC for about 15 years. I can't recommend them highly enough, products are high quality and customer service is excellent. I would recommend that you contact them before ordering. If you tell them about your skin and what your skin issues are, they will not only recommend the best peel for you, but will also tweak the directions specifically for you.