Honored Contributor

anyone here remember the Sunday Night Scrub Club?

[ Edited ]

Years and years ago, there was a thread that was started for Sunday nights.  It was the night a lot of posters did their masks, nails, once a week face/hands/hair treatments on Sunday nights.

I just thought of it as I sit here with my peach exfoliating cleanser on my face (and now it's on my readers!). 

I also have it on my neck and decollette.  So if it stains the ivory fleece top I have on, I said to my husband 'well Honey, we can use this to wax and buff the truck'.

At that point, I was doing a stint (2009) in of all places an oil refinery.  But I'll always be a girly girl and do what I gotta do. 

Does anyone still use Sunday as their day of pampering?

And, does anyone remember the Sunday Night Scrub Club?

Honored Contributor

Re: anyone here remember the Sunday Night Scrub Club?

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Years and years ago, there was a thread that was started for Sunday nights.  It was the night a lot of posters did their masks, nails, once a week face/hands/hair treatments on Sunday nights.

I just thought of it as I sit here with my peach exfoliating cleanser on my face (and now it's on my readers!). 

I also have it on my neck and decollette.  So if it stains the ivory fleece top I have on, I said to my husband 'well Honey, we can use this to wax and buff the truck'.

At that point, I was doing a stint (2009) in of all places an oil refinery.  But I'll always be a girly girl and do what I gotta do. 

A Blast from the past.  @Lucky Charm 

Was thinking of this group just the other night!  

I DO remember.  

Do you remember what year it was? 

Would love to know how long it has been.  🌱

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

A Blast from the past.  @Lucky Charm 

Was thinking of this group just the other night!  

I DO remember.  

Do you remember what year it was? 

Would love to know how long it has been.  🌱

Well, I started posting here in Feb of 2009 and took the job in April 2009 and that's when I started participating.  So it may have started earlier.

ETA:  @Drythe 

(I'm horrible at copying names to replies!)

Honored Contributor

I used to be better about Sunday night treatments before the Monday work week begins, but since working from home for almost 7 years now, that ritual has gone by the wayside.  I should get off my iPad and back into my Sunday night beauty ritual.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I used to be better about Sunday night treatments before the Monday work week begins, but since working from home for almost 7 years now, that ritual has gone by the wayside.  I should get off my iPad and back into my Sunday night beauty ritual.

Oh I've done it mid-day, mid-week, too, before.

I've told this story several times--happened years ago.

Once, mid week, I did a clay face mask, that I left on for so long, it turned a greenish brown and I literally forgot I had put it on.

UPS came to the door to deliver something from QVC and I kid you not, I answered the knock and he said something like 'Don't worry your meds are here!' 

I guess I looked sick!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I remember!  I think the Fango masks were pretty popular back then too.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm  I have to laugh ...and show my age. In college, Sunday night, we'd get in groups and apply a hair mask, shower cap and that blue mask (don't remember the name) from Merle Norman.

Does anyone remember doing that?

Now, yes It's Sunday Spa Night while watching American Idol. Lol ... I take a nice bath with lavendar salts, do the deep hair conditioner, heel exfoliation, lotion on feet and my cotton socks. I don't do face masks, but on Sunday night I tweeze brows (check chin area, too).

Honored Contributor

I know Isomers was popular, even back then, but also Mama Lotion was a hit, something else that had to do with Bee I think was for acne.

And what a spirited, but nice group, Lyn, Xanax, Evil Twin...., Miss Monsoon, does everyone remember them on Beauty Banter?