Honored Contributor

Re: any thoughts about the last t'weaked TSV on the Q?

@Shanus he uses silicones in his products, so they're not as natural as he would like you to believe.  The Cleansing Clay doesn't have any silicones in it and I would like to try that product, but I had no use for the other two so I didn't order.  I try to follow some of the Curly Girl Method so I avoid all silicones.  I'm not strict about the method, but do avoid all silicones and sulfates on a daily basis.  Since I color my hair I can't completely avoid them and I'm not going to use a clarifying shampoo right after coloring my hair, so there's that.  

I use his Restore Treatment Oil (which is more a paste than an oil) mixed with some other DIY oils I mix up as a finishing cream.  It was the one thing that got me away from my beloved Jonathan Silky Dirt which was my last silicone product.  I know some say oils coat the hair, but I haven't had a problem with that and I have baby fine hair.  Almost all the Curly Girl friendly products contain oils.  

Contributor

It works great on my fine, thin hair. I wash my hair every other day and I use the product most washes not just once a week. It makes my hair fuller and thicker looking. I put on a conditioner first (Carol's Daughter), rinse it out and then use the scalp scrub. I love how much the scalp scrub foams up and I like the scent too. I do follow up with some of the conditioner spray but concentrate it more on my ends and the hair on the back of my head. And in between washes I use the fiber lift spray and it gives my hair some extra lift and fullness. I love it all!!  I even got compliments on my hair and that never happens. Glad I'm on auto delivery with this product. 

I thought it was terrible.  The clay did seem to clean my scalp but the conditioner was awful. It smelled terrible and my hair was like straw.  The spray had a horrible smell.  I would use this product only occasionally and throw the spray away.  Makes me think the longer they "sell" a product the worse it is.

Frequent Contributor

This is the first time I tried tweak'd and I love all three products.  I have a long pixie -- short on the sides and back, long layers on top.  Hair is thick, oily, starting to turn gray and getting more coarse.  The shampoo paste cleans exceptionally well.  Most conditioners don't work for me, but this one is great -- use very little, too much will weight down hair, but just enough makes it soft and shiny. Following Dennis' advice, I use the volumizer as a texturizer instead.  Just spray on my palms and then lightly crunch through hair.  Works great, whether blown dry or air dried.   Everything smells delicious, like a spa.  More pleasant smell than the old Ojon.  

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

The first time I tried it, I followed the directions precisely.  My hair was very snarled and hard to comb out, felt drier than usual too.  The second time I tried it, I used the cleansing product but then used a different conditioner and my hair was much easier to comb out.  I have mixed feelings about the kit, but will keep it.  I only plan to use it as an occasional thing, maybe a few times a month.

That's exactly what happened to me, too.  If you read the directions on the cleansing mud, it actually says to use a different conditoner than the one that is included in the kit. It does say to use the conditioning mist that is in the kit if you just need light conditioning.  However, the cleansing mud does get your hair VERY clean (It's basically a clarifying shampoo.) so if you have any amount of damage or you do any kind of color treatment to your hair, the conditioning spray that's included with the kit is definitely not going to be enough.  When I use the cleasing mud, I follow afterwards with my normal Pureology Hydrate conditoner and my hair is fine.  Honestly, I am really only finding the cleansing mud to be helpful (It clarifies without being too drying like a lot of clarifying shampoos.) but I am finding the other two products in the kit to be almost useless.  The conditioning mist is too light and the the XL Fiber spray just makes my hair feel dirty especially on the second day.  I am going to keep the kit but I did cancel my auto-delivery.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@LCR wrote:

This is the first time I tried tweak'd and I love all three products.  I have a long pixie -- short on the sides and back, long layers on top.  Hair is thick, oily, starting to turn gray and getting more coarse.  The shampoo paste cleans exceptionally well.  Most conditioners don't work for me, but this one is great -- use very little, too much will weight down hair, but just enough makes it soft and shiny. Following Dennis' advice, I use the volumizer as a texturizer instead.  Just spray on my palms and then lightly crunch through hair.  Works great, whether blown dry or air dried.   Everything smells delicious, like a spa.  More pleasant smell than the old Ojon.  

Unfortunately, I find the XL Fiber spray's fragrance to be way too strong for me.  It kind of smells like weird-smelling chocolate but it's very strong and the fragrance never seems to dissapate.  The fragrance might be the nature of natural ingredients but it's really overpowering!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
The Tweaked line is similar to the old Ojon line but ingredients are way different. Yes, it has Ojon from Honduras (Palm oil elaeis oleifera) in it. Batana oil is the American Palm oil "Ojon" that is ONLY found in Central American rain forests and harvested by the Miskito Indians of Honduras. it is a thick brown paste with a distinct coffee/tobacco smell.There is also another kind of Palm oil used for cooking: African Palm oil, which is inexpensive and yellow in color. Something called "Red Palm' oil is also cooking oil, not the same as Batana oil or Ojon oil from the Honduras. One of the original old Ojon line shampoos listed Ojon oil as the 2nd ingredient (i still have a few bottles left). I read the ingredients of some of the products of T'weaked and elaeis oleifera (Honduran Ojon) is way down the list of ingredients, which are listed in order of quantity on the label. Some T'weaked products contain a lot of shea. THAT will weigh your hair down, depending on your hair type. Ojon oil is touted for 'curly hair' and ethnic hair on some sites. Many oils will help condition like coconut oil but original Ojon was (for me) the best. (You can purchase Ojon or Batana oil online from Honduras, but do your homework on what to look for and what to avoid.) EL purchased the Ojon line and completely changed all the formulas for mass production and higher profit. I quit using it after that, aside from the original formula Ojon products I still have.. It surprised me just who EL owns & markets under: Aramis, Clinique, Prescriptives, Lab Series, Origins, M.A.C, Bobbi Brown, Tommy Hilfiger, La Mer, Donna Karan, Aveda, Jo Malone, Bumble and bumble, Darphin, Michael Kors, American Beauty, Flirt!, Good Skin, Grassroots, Sean John, Missoni, Daisy Fuentes and Tom Ford Beauty. Among others.
Contributor

Didn't like it either.  Waited too long to return.

Trusted Contributor

Did not care for it at all...already sent back and got my credit.  My hair felt even more dry then usual...When I washed my hair the cleansing product burned my eyes.   Not for me!!  Reviews out weigh the good ones.

Respected Contributor

Returned it.  I used the products as directed and nothing good happened to my hair.  It did not look fuller like the demonstration.