Super Contributor

any feedback on the new Clarisonic massage heads?

Just wondering! I do not have the Clarisonic as my skin is too old and fragile for it. but I wa wondering if the new massage head and eye massage head are worth ? Has anyone tried it and found them to be beneficial -any good results. I know it is a lot of money for a massage unit. any recommendations welcomeds and thank you!

donna

Respected Contributor

Re: any feedback on the new Clarisonic massage heads?

I am 69 years old and have been using the Firming Massage Head for a little over a year on my face. The instructions do say that it takes 12 weeks to see the full affect and you must continue to use it otherwise your skin will go back to it's original state. I am very pleased with my results. My skin is more radiant, softer and maybe a little firmer. I don't see a tremendous difference in firming but definitely has more of a glow. I apply all of my skincare without rubbing in too much and then use the attachement twice a day. I won't be without it. My fine lines might be a little less noticeable too. I never did have crows feet so I can't address that part.

Contributor

Re: any feedback on the new Clarisonic massage heads?

Clearly, the idea of the new,  pricey, specialized heads was to require the purchase of a new (expensive) device, since those heads aren't compatible w/the previous models. They are trying to upcharge w/the exfoliating brush and makeup brush. Not to mention the need to replace these pricey items every three months or so, with only a 24 month warranty and low life in between charges (from what I've read). 

The massage head is a "feel good" item. However, don't count on it to disperse or infuse moisturizer into your skin. You essentially need to apply your product as if you were doing so regularly, THEN use the massage head. It feels good, but I can't say that it does much of anything beyond what a good facial massage done w/your hands can accomplish.

I found the eye-area head to be far too hard and painfull - with no capability of getting "in there" next to the eye and nose, or on the lid area. Again, proper manual application of product to those areas seems far more effective. 

Their new exfoliating brush is too harsh for my mature skin. 

For general cleansing, Clarisonic is unparalled, but the less expensive Mia does the trick to perfection.

Hope this is helpful to someone. 

Super Contributor

thank you , I am also 69  tooand have really been looking...

thank you , I am also 69  tooand have really been looking very pale and unwell lately. I was hoping fo a glow or at least to bring a little color back. perhaps a trip to Florida would do the trick ( I am in MA) 

and thank you Berniel I really think it is an expensive unit, I can't use the brush. 

If anyone knows of a less expensive little massage unit, Ilet me know!

Thank you both for your answers.

Contributor

Re: thank you , I am also 69 tooand have really been looking...

Thanks for your kind acknowledgement of my reply.  Ironically, we are the same age and we BOTH live in MA !

Consider trying the Clarisonic Profile Uplift . It can be purchased directly from Clarisonic (only authorized sellers offer the warranty). It includes a face brush/body brush/massage head. Clarisonic offers a 30 day return policy.

Having mature skin, I'm EXTREMELY mindful about how I tend to it.

The cleansing brush that comes w/the PROFILE UPLIFT is good, and the massage head should make your skin feel more "alive" and supple. IMPORTANT: apply your serum of choice and wait a couple of minutes, THEN apply your moisurizer as you typically do prior to using the massage head.

The massage head isn't meant to disperse moisturizer or "push" it into the skin - but simply to INVIGORATE the chest/neck/face. BE SURE TO start using the massage head on the lowest setting - increasing it only if and when you feel comfortable doing so. There are videos to illustrate.

Best of luck, and let me (us) know what you think ! IT'S A PROCESS !!!