Honored Contributor
You are not alone here sister! I've always done a better job at styling my wavy/curly hair. Hairdressers always want to straighten, but I don't understand why.
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

Whenever I see this sort of topic title, I want to say ...

YES, you ARE the ONLY ONE. It's JUST YOU.

Esteemed Contributor

Not alone at all!

I manage to get a decent cut from my stylist and she's usually great at color. I ask for the piecey look. She gives a textured cut.

Then she blowdries my hair with a paddle brush and flat irons it. A flat ironed piecey look. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

So I go home, wash it out and then style it. Big, blow out, piecey hair. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Regular Contributor

I LOVE when she styles my hair after a cut or color. This is how I discovered & learned a few new methods to do myself. When it comes to hair, I'm kind of style challenged, and this is a great way to try something different.

Honored Contributor

Not alone at all. Occasionally, she styles it and I like it but usually I go home and redo it. All I care about is the color and cut.

Trusted Contributor
I live in New York and go To a very high end salon with great stylists, however, I can still blow dry / style my hair better than any of them.
Super Contributor

The same person has been cutting my hair for 20 years- he openly admits that "styling" hair isn't his forte, and that a good cut will do a majority of the work for you. I agree, and I know my hair will look different when I do it compared to when I get out of the salon, and that's fine. Stay focused on the quality of the haircut.