Respected Contributor

Re: alterna bamboo styling products vs living proof

I love both of these lines, and they both work very well on my fine thin hair. The LP hairspray is the best I've ever used, but I get the best results by mixing it with other hairsprays. I also mix and rotate the other products as well. If I use the LP exclusively it will fry my hair. The Alterna perfect iron spray and the 48 hour volume spray are fantastic, IMO. I got the email on the upcoming Alterna TSV, and it's not a deal. Penneys has a sale on these products every so often, and I recently purchased several of the bamboo items at half off. I have enough of that 48 hour spray to open my own shop. Lol Good luck with your thin hair! It's annoying, for sure.

Honored Contributor

I have not tried Alterna, but I found a whole cam of Living Proof vol. hairspray in the bottom of a drawer the other day and wondered why I had not used it. I used it and then pitched it because it makes my hair greasy.

Regular Contributor

I like products from both lines but get more consistent results with Alterna. LP can be hit or miss based on which products I'm using and how much I've applied. I have thin fine hair and if I make the mistake of putting on a tiny bit too much LP products (like thickening cream or perfect hair day) my hair can look a bit greasy. I never have that problem with Alterna's bamboo volumizing spray and cc cream.

I should also note that as much as I like both of these lines, I like Tigi Reborn even better. Their hair extend moisture lotion in blue container is similar to Alterna's cc cream and LP perfect hair day but is MUCH nicer IMO.