Trusted Contributor

Re: ? about loose setting powders

I do not wear make up always lipstick and take good care of my skin: good cleanser, serum, moisturizer and at night a more intensive treatment. However if I have to go out I wear eye shadow and mascara from Lancôme and perhaps because of my mother the meteorites by Guerlain. 

These small circles will make your face glow without accentuating wrinkles. You will need a big brush it does not have to be Guerlain's you must know the good ones🌻. You are already beautiful but some French touch will not hurt.

Trusted Contributor

@SisterGoldenHair wrote:

Josie Maran Hydrating Liquid Powder (Fresh Finish)

@Boehm CollectorThis is my favorite for loose powder. Q use to sell it and then I bought some at Sephora. I found it on Amazon. It feels cool on your face.

@SisterGoldenHair is it really hydrating?  I want something that almost melts into your skin.  If that's even possible.  I do like the e.l.f. one that @Irshgrl31201 mentioned.  Want to try the banana powder one.  There is a theater supply store near me that sells it I think.

Trusted Contributor

@SuebdooEveryone's skin is different but I have normal/dry skin and I love the way it looks. And stays looking good all day.

Valued Contributor

I liked the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores, but last time bought Ben Nye Neutral Set because it was less expensive. (Must seek a legitimate store as EBay and Amazon are known for fakes with baby powder inside) I believe it is cruelty free and is theater makeup. I tried their Banana Powder and on me it is too yellow, so I mix it with the Neural Set.  

Trusted Contributor

I am about your age and used Laura Mercier fo years and liked it very much.  When I was out of town last year, I forgot my makeup at home?!?!?

I went to a local drugstore and picked up a few "bare minimums" to get me through the next two days.

I picked up an e.l.f. High Def. Translucent Loose Powder  for arounf $6 or $7 dollars.  I haven't stopped using it since!  I love it! 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @wagirl

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

I use one that I got from Avon ... but I added a box of Almay shimmer to it.  Both are translucent ... no color. 

Honored Contributor

I use powder foundation almost every day. IMO the secret is to not use so much.

Remember when Leslie Blodgett used to demo bare minerals foundation and she would emphasize only putting a tiny amount in the lid , then swirling your brush in that? IMO - with ALL MU - less is more.

Esteemed Contributor

After doing some research I decided to order the MAC Prep +Prime translucent finishing powder.  I'll see how that works out.  If I don't like it I will try out some of the other suggestions given on this thread.  I appreciate everyones input!