Honored Contributor

? about Urban Decay eyeliner

If you use or have used their eyeliner does it smear after wearing it for a while?  Thanks

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ? about Urban Decay eyeliner

I have 2 UD 24/7 liners that I like, which stay put.

Love Sephora waterproof liners, too! 

Honored Contributor

@Harpa ......thanks, I am loving their lipstick so I want to try their eyeliner.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

If you use or have used their eyeliner does it smear after wearing it for a while?  Thanks

@Imaoldhippie   I agree w/ @Harpa. The UD 24/7 eyeliner pencils are waterproof. I use them in the waterline. No smearing or budging. They do make other pencils. Make sure you purchase the "24/7" ones.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus ...........Thanks for the advise.  They have great colors, but there is only a couple I wear now that I am "mature".

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Shanus ...........Thanks for the advise.  They have great colors, but there is only a couple I wear now that I am "mature".

@Imaoldhippie   Same here w/ colors. I wear black between my top lashes and upper waterline since lashes are still dark. If I line my top lid, I use grey, brown or navy. To get a softer line, I use a fine liner brush, rub it on the pencil and apply the liner to top lid close to lashes that way. You have a few seconds of play time for any mistakes, so have a q tip handy and do one eye at a time. 

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  No UD 24-7 liners do not smear. I also love their Lip Liners as well as a few of their lippies.

Respected Contributor

They do smear on me.  I love their consistency and ease of application and beautiful colors, but they definitely migrate and don't last.

I have hooded eyes and that's part of the issue, but mostly my eyes tear up frequently and although eyeliners say they are waterproof and they are - put some on your hand and just try and get them off with plain water! - they are NOT tear proof for me.  Tears are saline and saline dissolves the eyeliner quite nicely.  In fact saline eye drops can be used to remove eye makeup.

For me it's trial and error to get a line that I'm not allergic to, goes on easily, and lasts and is tear proof.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

Another vote that they do NOT smear!  They are on til I take them off.

I love using colors though...I always start w/ a thin black but then add the color just over it.

Looks great esp. on the bottom!

I have dark brown eyes and a hint of green or blue looks nice.  No age rules...wear what you like!

Respected Contributor

@author  - So that's why i can wear eye liner on my hand for 2 days even with washing but it's already coming off my eyes by the time I'm out the door!!!

And why, when I put eye drops in at night, it takes off any left over liner and mascara like nobody's business!! Smiley Frustrated

I only tight-line my upper lids, too hooded to do the lid itself, and line the lower lid, no tight lining there.

Gels in the pot seem to work a little better.  Liquids are harsh looking, but I'm thinking smudging them right away might work.

My eyes tear at the corners, especially out in cold weather or air conditioning, I can't win.  My eye Dr just keeps telling me to use drops.

What have you found to be the best?