Esteemed Contributor

? about Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry Skin

Has anyone tried this?  If so how do you like it?  I like the Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Cloud Cream (with Hyaluronic Acid)  but don't want to continue spending $52.00 for it.  So I am looking for an alternative.

TIA

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 8.42.15 AM.png

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ? about Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry Skin

[ Edited ]

I use  Neutrogena products and love them. I especially like this  Gel one in the summer. .....keep it in the fridge.

I will not pay the high prices they ask for all these "NAME" products.

My Neutrogena works better than all of them anyway. .........and I only use 1 product,I do not layer on any other stuff,not even eye cream.

I am 80 and have almost no wrinkles . Neutrogena  Rapid Wrinkle Repair is all I use day or night.

Summer I  sometimes  switch to the Hydrogel form.

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector I like it a lot.

It sinks right in. Doesn't really have a fragrance (The version for combo skin has SO much fragrance!). 

It's nice moisture, but I think if you have very dry skin it won't be enough.

Definitely worth a try. 

I like that it is "just" a moisturizer without other things going on, so I feel like I can layer it over anything.

Trusted Contributor

My husband uses and loves this product.  He was using something similar from Clinique.  For the difference in the price - he bought to try and really likes this a lot.  It took me a long time to convince him that he needed a mosturizer at all - but thank goodness I won that small battle.  If it helps, he also has extremely sensitive skin and has no problems with this.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I use  Neutrogena products and love them. I especially like this  Gel one in the summer. .....keep it in the fridge.

I will not pay the high prices they ask for all these "NAME" products.

My Neutrogena works better than all of them anyway. .........and I only use 1 product,I do not layer on any other stuff,not even eye cream.

I am 80 and have almost no wrinkles . Neutrogena  Rapid Wrinkle Repair is all I use day or night.

Summer I switch to the Hydrogel form.

Thanks so much @MalteseMomma.  I am 61, and, like you, have almost no wrinkles.  But I will have to try the Rapid Wrinkle Repair as per your recommendation!

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@Boehm Collector I like it a lot.

It sinks right in. Doesn't really have a fragrance (The version for combo skin has SO much fragrance!). 

It's nice moisture, but I think if you have very dry skin it won't be enough.

Definitely worth a try. 

I like that it is "just" a moisturizer without other things going on, so I feel like I can layer it over anything.

Thank you @Dusty1.   Will definitely try it!

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

My husband uses and loves this product.  He was using something similar from Clinique.  For the difference in the price - he bought to try and really likes this a lot.  It took me a long time to convince him that he needed a mosturizer at all - but thank goodness I won that small battle.  If it helps, he also has extremely sensitive skin and has no problems with this.

Many thanks @aggravated !  Glad you were able to convince your DH!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector   I purchased this gel long ago.  To be honest, I did not like the feel of it.  I prefer a moisturizer creme for my face.  You may like it.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Just to be clear, this is not a moisturizer but rather a humectant. It's intended to hold onto water molecules on the skin to help keep them from evaporating but you have to use a moisturizer over it to seal that water in. A lot of people mistakenly think this is a moisturizer and then when they use it alone are disappointed because it's not moisturizing enough. 

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse It is definitely a moisturizer.

It's not a problem to layer it with other things, but I use it on it's own.

Keep your skin looking supple and hydrated every day. Our unique water gel-cream formula absorbs quickly, like a gel, but has the long-lasting moisturizing power of a cream to quench your extra-dry skin’s thirst. It contains hydrating hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in the skin, and acts as a sponge for dry skin cells, absorbing up to 1,000 times its weight in water.

This rich gel relieves intense dryness to help restore skin's natural barrier against moisture loss. Plus it’s fragrance, dye and oil-free, and can be worn alone or under makeup.

• Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
  • Fragrance-free
  • Dye-free
  • Wearable under makeup
  • Olive Extract
  • Strengthening, moisturizing and nutrient-rich
  • Helps skin's moisture barrier against moisture loss

HOW TO USE

• Apply evenly to face and neck after cleansing.