Honored Contributor

?? about Moremo water treatment "Miracle"

So I bought this stuff and used it a few times----what is it supposed to do? I didn't notice anything spectacular---I did return it--didn't have to send it back as per CS --and the thing is nearly full of liquid --apparently HSN does want to deal with liquid and told me to dump it---plus the stuff made my scalp itch-

Just wondering----

Honored Contributor

Re: ?? about Moremo water treatment "Miracle"

There's a commercial on TV here for WATER that will make you wealthy...      I would be skeptical about that, too...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

It's a "Customer Pick" but I wouldn't want to use it after I looked at the ingredients...lots of alcohols to strip your hair and then there's a bunch of amino acids to help replace the proteins which the alcohols stripped away from the hair to begin with.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee ---what possessed me--- to even think about buying it---I don't know----Woman Sad temporary insanity, I think!

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl 

I am using my second (and final) bottle of this, having bought it over a year ago.

Never did I notice one change in my hair.  Nothing.  With or without it, my hair was the same - that is fine and naturally curly.  It always resorted to slight frizz in the humidity and after spin brushing.  

Further, it never sudsed even a tiny bit when rubbing my hands together.  Ever.

Seems the demo said it was to smooth the hair and make it silky.   It's been a long time since I watched, so maybe I missed something.

While it didn't help, it didn't seem to hurt, so I just used it off and on long enough to get rid of it.

I will not be buying it again.

Respected Contributor

I tried it too. Made my scalp itch like crazy. Sent it back wrapped in a plastic bag.
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@SilleeMee ---what possessed me--- to even think about buying it---I don't know----Woman Sad temporary insanity, I think!

@wagirl    We ALL get that "insanity" once in a while!   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Not all alcohols are drying.  It does have denatured alcohol which is drying, but the myristyl alcohol is an emollient but it could be irritating. The propylene glycol is a humectant although not the best for skin.  

The cetrimonium chloride is concerning if you use it daily since it builds up on the hair and can be difficult to remove once it does so.  It's also in a lot of products, used to prevent static.

It has a lot of extracts like algae extracts and sea buckthorn extract, but it also has several proteins. I know a lot of people, especially curlies, can often have problems with proteins.  I feel like I need more moisture, but I don't have a particular problem with proteins either.  However, it is billed as a moisturizer.  They have a completely different product that is supposed to deliver protein to the hair.  

Guess I don't see anything wrong with the amino acids. 

Is it a miracle in a bottle? No.