Honored Contributor

Re: ?? about Josie Maran 100% Pure Argon Oil vs. other 100% argon oils

On 10/14/2014 MalteseMomma said:

Do all of you think Josie keeps all the profits for herself? You are wrong... Google it and see all the good she does for women

Maybe so, but she is hardly alone in that endeavor. There are several companies that work very hard to help women and the environment in Africa. From sheaterraorganics.com:

For over a decade Shea Terra Organics’ founder, Tammie Umbel, has been helping native Africans to preserve their wildlife habitats by sharing their indigenous, healing ingredients with the world.

Not only do Shea Terra Organics’ skin care treatments assist in preservation, they are also the backbone of economic sustainability for many hardworking families across the continent. Since early 2000, Shea Terra Organics has worked closely with cooperatives and conservation groups to introduce Africa’s time-tested ingredients to the world....

Working closely with cooperatives, scientists, conservationists and non-profits, Tammie actively seeks out ingredients little known outside of remote parts of Africa. Not only are these time-tested ingredients highly therapeutic, they also bring income and awareness to preserve natural habitats, which would otherwise be destroyed. Shea Terra Organics was thus rebranded in a quest to reveal Africa’s ancient skin care therapies -- in time to preserve them before they are lost forever...

Realizing the potential of this single butter having the ability to impact millions across the globe, she embarked upon her quest to help communities throughout Africa market their indigenous ingredients by creating the Shea Terra Organics line of premium skin care products. Today, Tammie continues to work closely with plant and habitat conservation groups and traditional herbalists to unveil little known and often endangered botanicals indigenously valued for their healing powers.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 10/14/2014 BOYINTX said:

Josie and her oil are laughable. You can locate 100 pure Argon all over the place.

I prefer a nice value set of items at the price of her one bottle.

100% pure doesn't mean it's cosmetic grade.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Fair Trade is everywhere .

It's on coffee labels, on bath and body products, perfumes, candles, food. I can go on and on. Shea terra organics doesn't do anything more than any of these other products .Of course she is preserving habitats,that is how she keeps her products growing.

Fair Trade is a very common selling point for many products. People like it. I can go get my bath and body products from my bathroom and read it all off the labels.

My coffee boxes tell those sweet stories too

Super Contributor

On 10/14/2014 shoppergrl said:

There is another oil that is now being touted as better than argan oil. Marula oil has more antioxidants and is supposed to be better on the face than argan. Haven't tried it yet but I did see what hautelook.com is having a sale on it so I may order a bottle.

Marula oil is great. I have been using it for a while (mostly in the colder weather). I have tried Josie's argan and, I might be the only one, I had break-outs from it. The marula has even reduced the puffiness under my eyes. I bought the one touted by Dr. Weil and it was expensive - $58 I think. But it lasts a long time. Will look into cheaper versions next time I need it.

Honored Contributor

Fair Trade is everywhere .

It's on coffee labels, on bath and body products, perfumes, candles, food. I can go on and on. Shea terra organics doesn't do anything more than any of these other products .Of course she is preserving habitats,that is how she keeps her products growing.

Fair Trade is a very common selling point for many products. People like it. I can go get my bath and body products from my bathroom and read it all off the labels.

My coffee boxes tell those sweet stories too

Not all companies who sell Argan oil or other similar products include the fact that they are fair trade. My inference, then, is that they are not.

And the reason that fair trade came into being was to help the cooperatives from being taken advantage of.

So if JM is helping them, I'm all for it. Just as I applaud STO for what they're doing. Of course, I'm not there. I am taking such claims at face value and hope that they are true.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

On 10/14/2014 ssssgirl said:

Laugh all you want , You get what you pay for! Simple as that!

Josie Maran is always my choice !

Did you know Josie Maran 's argon oil is so pure you can EAT it? I would never try that with those other brands

Josie's is refined AND deoderized. There are many many brands that are 100% pure, ORGANIC certified first cold pressed at better prices. ALL argan oil can be eaten, There are probably more people that use it for cooking than in their cosmetics.
Trus 100% pure organic UNREFINED< UNDEODERIZED argan oil is a ight golden color with a slight nutty scent and some sediment in the bottle, the clearer the oil, the more it has been refined, also, no scent mean it has been deoderised. There is NOTHING worng with using Josie, I just prefer to have 100% raw oil with all of the benefits intact and at a better price I do purchase some of Josie's products, just not the pure oil.

Hi ssssgirl! Great points!!

Culinary grade argan is faaaaar cheaper than Josie's. Wink So, no need to pay $48 for 1.7 oz. if you want to eat it.

Regular Contributor

Just checked out Shea Terra Organics for the Argan Oil. All the info on this site is wonderful. I think I'm going to order from this site. The oil is much cheaper and with the oct2014 code to get an additional 30% off makes it a great price. Shipping is $6.95 under $99.00. I think this oil may be even better than JM oil because it is unrefined and undeoderized.

Thanks SusyQ3 and RJL-DLL 75 for your recommendations!

Trusted Contributor

You can get better, pure argan oil on Amazon please check them first. One of their best is $35.00 or so for 4 ounces!
Trusted Contributor

On 10/14/2014 Karena said:
On 10/14/2014 ssssgirl said:

Laugh all you want , You get what you pay for! Simple as that!

Josie Maran is always my choice !

Did you know Josie Maran 's argon oil is so pure you can EAT it? I would never try that with those other brands

Josie's is refined AND deoderized. There are many many brands that are 100% pure, ORGANIC certified first cold pressed at better prices. ALL argan oil can be eaten, There are probably more people that use it for cooking than in their cosmetics.
Trus 100% pure organic UNREFINED< UNDEODERIZED argan oil is a ight golden color with a slight nutty scent and some sediment in the bottle, the clearer the oil, the more it has been refined, also, no scent mean it has been deoderised. There is NOTHING worng with using Josie, I just prefer to have 100% raw oil with all of the benefits intact and at a better price I do purchase some of Josie's products, just not the pure oil.

Hi ssssgirl! Great points!!

Culinary grade argan is faaaaar cheaper than Josie's. Wink So, no need to pay $48 for 1.7 oz. if you want to eat it.

You do not want to buy culinary grade argan oil that you can eat. It will do nothing for your skin since it is processed very differently. If you can eat Josie's argan oil, steer clear of it. You can get great argan oil from saadiaorganics and lots of information on their website about anything you want to know about which is the best argan oil you should be purchasing and what you should stay away from. Pure argan oil is so rare and there is so very little of the pure oil produced, I can't understand how Josie could be selling thousands and thousands of her argan oil products. Think about it, how could she possibly use the pure oil in all her products, when such an extremely small anount is produced.
Honored Contributor

I tried a few of the other 100% pure, ORGANIC certified first cold pressed but it did not blend into my skin as fast and felt heavier for some reason. I actually tried these before I started using hers. I was using them on my body but didn't work for my face. I didn't particularly care for how it made my skin feel. I got some of hers for a present and liked it far better than the others and it was not heavy on my face. The price I was paying was not that much cheaper anyway!!