Super Contributor

Re: ?? about Josie Maran 100% Pure Argon Oil vs. other 100% argon oils

I have tried Josies, and other similar Argan Oil products. Neither do it for me.

I really like Sweet Almond oil for my face, hands, under eye.

Sweet Almond oil also has a "brightening effect", and for my skin was also a little more moisturizing.

Experiment with oils and do some reading, there are a number of different oils that are fantastic for your skin.

Valued Contributor

On 10/14/2014 Karena said:
On 10/14/2014 ssssgirl said:
On 10/14/2014 MalteseMomma said:

Laugh all you want , You get what you pay for! Simple as that!

Josie Maran is always my choice !

Did you know Josie Maran 's argon oil is so pure you can EAT it? I would never try that with those other brands

Josie's is refined AND deoderized. There are many many brands that are 100% pure, ORGANIC certified first cold pressed at better prices. ALL argan oil can be eaten, There are probably more people that use it for cooking than in their cosmetics.
Trus 100% pure organic UNREFINED< UNDEODERIZED argan oil is a ight golden color with a slight nutty scent and some sediment in the bottle, the clearer the oil, the more it has been refined, also, no scent mean it has been deoderised. There is NOTHING worng with using Josie, I just prefer to have 100% raw oil with all of the benefits intact and at a better price I do purchase some of Josie's products, just not the pure oil.

Hi ssssgirl! Great points!!

Culinary grade argan is faaaaar cheaper than Josie's. Wink So, no need to pay $48 for 1.7 oz. if you want to eat it.

NO need to pay that for cosmetic grade either. Fairtrade organic 100% pure, unrefined and undeoderized COSMETIC grade is avail. all over for a lot less. Better quality because of being unrefined, ALL the essentual benefits are intact. NOT KNOCKING Josie, Just get my oil at a lower price.

Valued Contributor

On 10/15/2014 luvtoshopathome said:
On 10/14/2014 Karena said:
On 10/14/2014 ssssgirl said:
On 10/14/2014 MalteseMomma said:

Laugh all you want , You get what you pay for! Simple as that!

Josie Maran is always my choice !

Did you know Josie Maran 's argon oil is so pure you can EAT it? I would never try that with those other brands

Josie's is refined AND deoderized. There are many many brands that are 100% pure, ORGANIC certified first cold pressed at better prices. ALL argan oil can be eaten, There are probably more people that use it for cooking than in their cosmetics.
Trus 100% pure organic UNREFINED< UNDEODERIZED argan oil is a ight golden color with a slight nutty scent and some sediment in the bottle, the clearer the oil, the more it has been refined, also, no scent mean it has been deoderised. There is NOTHING worng with using Josie, I just prefer to have 100% raw oil with all of the benefits intact and at a better price I do purchase some of Josie's products, just not the pure oil.

Hi ssssgirl! Great points!!

Culinary grade argan is faaaaar cheaper than Josie's. Wink So, no need to pay $48 for 1.7 oz. if you want to eat it.

You do not want to buy culinary grade argan oil that you can eat. It will do nothing for your skin since it is processed very differently. If you can eat Josie's argan oil, steer clear of it. You can get great argan oil from saadiaorganics and lots of information on their website about anything you want to know about which is the best argan oil you should be purchasing and what you should stay away from. Pure argan oil is so rare and there is so very little of the pure oil produced, I can't understand how Josie could be selling thousands and thousands of her argan oil products. Think about it, how could she possibly use the pure oil in all her products, when such an extremely small anount is produced.

It is NOT as rare as Josie makes it sound. Argan oil has been used is cosmetics for decades. There are SOOO many companies that produce the PURE COSMETIC GRADE OIL.

Most of her products (other than the 100%pure oil) have shea butter and other oils as the main ingredient, which is fine as these oils are good, Shea butter is excellant as a mouisturizer. You need to read labels and know what you are buying. Just because it says it has argan in it, does NOT mean it is the main ingredient. (her whipped argan body butters main ingredient is shea butter. (which I LOVE for body mouisture)

Valued Contributor

On 10/14/2014 RJL-DLL 75 said:

I use sheaterraorganics. I love their aargan oil and other products. Their oils are 100% organ cold pressed and their prices and customer service is great. Use code oct2014 and get 30% off.

Definitely Shea Terra Organics. And they work with conservation groups and empower native women and support local families in Africa. I like buying from a company with a social conscience.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

On 10/14/2014 laj3169 said:

Just checked out Shea Terra Organics for the Argan Oil. All the info on this site is wonderful. I think I'm going to order from this site. The oil is much cheaper and with the oct2014 code to get an additional 30% off makes it a great price. Shipping is $6.95 under $99.00. I think this oil may be even better than JM oil because it is unrefined and undeoderized.

Thanks SusyQ3 and RJL-DLL 75 for your recommendations!

You're very welcome, laj3169.

I know there are other similar options -- heck, you can get organic, cold-pressed pure Argan oil on eBay from many sellers. But I like that SheaTerraOrganics is a recognized and reputable company that is popular enough that I am confident that I am receiving fresh, high-quality products.

And I like that the Argan oil meets every requirement I want (organic, cold-pressed, unrefined), including proper packaging, for an excellent price.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 10/14/2014 laj3169 said:

Just checked out Shea Terra Organics for the Argan Oil. All the info on this site is wonderful. I think I'm going to order from this site. The oil is much cheaper and with the oct2014 code to get an additional 30% off makes it a great price. Shipping is $6.95 under $99.00. I think this oil may be even better than JM oil because it is unrefined and undeoderized.

Thanks SusyQ3 and RJL-DLL 75 for your recommendations!

You're very welcome, laj3169.

I know there are other similar options -- heck, you can get organic, cold-pressed pure Argan oil on eBay from many sellers. But I like that SheaTerraOrganics is a recognized and reputable company that is popular enough that I am confident that I am receiving fresh, high-quality products.

And I like that the Argan oil meets every requirement I want (organic, cold-pressed, unrefined), including proper packaging, for an excellent price.

I agree- Shea terra's is the best. I also love their rosehips seed oil (been using it for years). I see they now also have moringa oil and maracuja oil.

Frequent Contributor

You can't even compare to JM , so don't waste your money and invest in best
Valued Contributor

No one is saying that Josie does not sell a good product. I like Josie and I trust her. I think she is truly sweet and beautiful, inside and out.

However, the point we are making is that other companies also sell wonderful products; its important to be sure that you are buying a truly Organic, first cold-pressed product from a reputable company.

I use organic Apricot kernel oil in the winter, all over my body. The fragrance is delicious, light, and lovely. Shea butter is great on chapped lips and cheeks, etc. and when I am really chapped from cold wind, I blend Shea butter, Argon oil, Jojoba oil all together and slather it on....great on feet and hands, and even eyelashes! Put a thick coat on hands and feet, cover with white cotton socks before bed.

I hope you all will try all these wonderful products! I am enjoying this discussion!

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/14/2014 RJL-DLL 75 said:

I use sheaterraorganics. I love their aargan oil and other products. Their oils are 100% organ cold pressed and their prices and customer service is great. Use code oct2014 and get 30% off.

Thank You, Last night I purchased the 6 oz for $109 plus tax and shipping. I rarely post on the Beauty forum but I decided to come and check the results and while the reviews were great on the product, her prices weren't. I cancelled my order and purchased from your recommended site. I bookmarked it for future purchases. Again, Thank you!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

I want to thank everyone for their input. I ended up purchasing the argan oil from Shea Terra Organics. I have another question. Does the argan oil go bad if not used. I received a bottle of Josie Maran's Argan Oil at the last Beauty Bash I attended back in May 2011. Never opened it until recently. Is it still good? TIA Maria