Respected Contributor

Re: a hack for the Calista TSV today?

I have a round brush that's a hair dryer. This is not. How does it work; it seems like a warm hair brush on dry hair wouldn't do much.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I haven't seen a full presentation but check out the Revlon One Step styler.  It looks like it might be the same.  There is also one by Dry Bar but I think it's more expensive than the one by Calista.  

The problem with the Revlon styler is that it only comes in one size and it is huge.  It is way too big for my hair.  

I have a drying brush by John Frieda that I paid $35.00 (I think) but it's not really like this.  It's all the tufted bristles, none of the plastic ones, so it's the same all the way around.  That one only comes in one size too but it's smaller so it works for my hair.   

I have and love, love, love the Revlon but it's very big and not for someone with short hair. Very inexpensive too. Like $49.

Valued Contributor

I bought this Calista brush last year hoping to be able to create a sleek look on naturally curly hair. For me the brush bristles were not thick and strong enough to grip my dry hair and pull the hair taut. I returned this brush. 

Honored Contributor

I purchased one Calista tool that is shaped like a brush except the teeth are plastic and you wrap your hair around it and hold.  Yes, you plug it in and select temperature but you still have to hold it for more than 30 seconds.  You get tired from holding.  I hardly use this tool.  In other words, waste of my money.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Well silly me.  I guess that's what I get for not watching a presentation.  I thought this was a drying brush.

I would have no use for this.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I'm sorry---but I don't want to spend almost $95 on this hair thing. that includes the taxes and shipping- for me--Is there such an item elsewhere that does the same thing? I will research it but wanted to know first hand from someone who uses a similar item. don't need the hairspray either and waiting for the eternal boat from china to ship it,  is not acceptable either. Just asking!

Many years ago, the hairdresser I went to used a hot air brush on my hair.  She did a fabulous job and my hair looked perfect.  She was selling them in her salon and I just had to have it, I'm pretty sure I paid about $85.  When it broke, and I was no longer going to that salon (she closed), I found the same exact one she sold me for half the price.  I have a Conair Hot air brush ceramic tool.  I've seen them on Amazon for under $35.  I love this thing.  I use it everyday and always travel with it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the Revlon hot air brush. I love it and my hair is just below my ears. My hair comes out silky and smooth. I bought it at Target when it was on sa!e for $41.00.