Super Contributor

Zenagen Hair Treatment (Shampoo; conditioner) Anyone use? Opinions?

HI ALL,

My friend,a hair stylist, gave me a brochure on a hair treatment product (shampoo & conditioner) called ZENAGEN.  The brochure was geared to men...however, she said the product works well for women too. In general, the brochure says that Zenagen treatment is to stop shedding & hair loss AND increase hair density and coverage. These are NOT prescription producs...no minoxidil...no parables & SLS free.

Has anyone used this? Opinions please. TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Zenagen Hair Treatment (Shampoo; conditioner) Anyone use? Opinions?

[ Edited ]

I don't use it but I can tell you what the 'active' ingredient is and what it does. It contains saw palmetto, a DHT inhibitor. DHT is a hormone that causes follicle miniaturization which leads to thinning hair and/or baldness. There isn't enough evidence to support the effects it has on hair loss, according to NIH findings.

eta - From what I understand about saw palmetto is that it wont stimulate new grow or awaken dormant follicles. It can only work on existing, active follicles. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@SilleeMee Thanks for your detailed reply.  If I remember correctly...I think you are knowledgeable about products & devices that stimulate hair growth. Will you please advise, specifically, about what you have found to be efficacious THANK YOU

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I went bald many years ago, for no known reason that the docs could find, I've tried just about everything to get and keep my hair on my head growing. It came back on it's own but very sparsely and lots of falling hair. Today it's not thick like it was when I was young, but it's what I call healthy and thin with very little falling out and it's filling in, too. I would say the most effective treatment for me has been hair lasers. I started with the Hairmax-9, then to the helmet i-Grow thing then recently I bought a Capilluspro Cap which is extremely expensive. The Capillus has 270 lights and its hands-free. That one is awesome and I can see my hair getting more new growth since I started using it.

I also take bamboo silica powder supplement. Some people, like myself, find this to help hair grow strong and less prone to breakage.

@MsCatLuver

Sorry if I'm rambling. Just had that Shingrix shot today and it's really dragging me down.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee I cannot thank you enough for your detailed answer. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Thanks for that information.  In the last month I've noticed more hair coming out when I comb my hair in the morning.  I have thin hair to start with and am concerned about what's going on.