Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan Actually all makeup artists prefer z paletts but not the Z's that you can see the product. they find that the window is not sturdy enough for stacking several pallette & some have cracked. For people that are not makeup artists, they hold up quite well imo. If I am traveling, I will take a large Z Pallette as they are slim with a mixture of mattes, satin & shimmers that are my favorite singles.  

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

The whole concept looks expensive and rather time consuming and silly to me

@I am still oxox  I am guessing that if one is a makeup artist then transferring the tube lipstick into a pan would be better for travel? I don't know. You're right it would be a lot of work. The reason I like my Z palette is because I buy a lot of single eyeshadows from Makeup Geek, Colourpop and other places. I do have a few full palettes that I've bought and there are colors that won't get used. 

Honored Contributor

Seems similar to the Trish McEvoy planners w/ magnetic pages. All her products come ready to put on the magnetic page & then go into a planner (like a 3 ring binder) which holds brushes, pencils, mascara, etc. 

Re: Z palettes.....how would you travel w/ those w/o them cracking or breaking? Still need another makeup bag to hold liners, brushes, mascara, foundation, etc. 

Check out Trish. HSN June 8...TS.

Trusted Contributor
I must be really old or lazy. When I first saw this on Beauty IQ, I thought who in the world would go through all that? I guess it's popular. You learn something new every day. Mind of why I like Beauty IQ.
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Seems similar to the Trish McEvoy planners w/ magnetic pages. All her products come ready to put on the magnetic page & then go into a planner (like a 3 ring binder) which holds brushes, pencils, mascara, etc. 

Re: Z palettes.....how would you travel w/ those w/o them cracking or breaking? Still need another makeup bag to hold liners, brushes, mascara, foundation, etc. 

Check out Trish. HSN June 8...TS.

The Z palettes are sturdy enough for me. I usually take a bag when we travel by motorcycle for my cleanser, moisturizer, etc and my foundation will go into this. I usually put these liquids in a ziplock bag. I then use my large Z palette and I put about 6 shadows, a blush, setting powder and a bronzing powder all together. I then can fit my tools into a pencil type makeup bags which I put a mascara and an eyeliner into also. I've learned to pack lightly while traveling on the motorcycle.  Now, as far as being a makeup artist and stacking them into a "kit", I am not sure how well they would hold up. I like mine. They work well for me. My 9 pans I have them colored coordinated. One has warm tones, one cool tones and another one is purple tones which I love for my brown/hazel eyes. 

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:
I must be really old or lazy. When I first saw this on Beauty IQ, I thought who in the world would go through all that? I guess it's popular. You learn something new every day. Mind of why I like Beauty IQ.

I am not really old nor lazy lol but even I wouldn't bother doing that. I don't know why anyone would? I do have a z palette but it is an empty and I use them for the individual eye and cheep products you can buy at makeupgeek's website to create your own palette. I certainly would not go throuogh the trouble of depotting them from elsewhere to put in the empty palette. I don't get that really. 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@KCDiva wrote:

I am not really old nor lazy lol but even I wouldn't bother doing that. I don't know why anyone would? I do have a z palette but it is an empty and I use them for the individual eye and cheep products you can buy at makeupgeek's website to create your own palette. I certainly would not go throuogh the trouble of depotting them from elsewhere to put in the empty palette. I don't get that really. 

@HappyDaze  I love your Snoopy picture. I ordered a couple of the Sephora brand single shadows a while back, and was glad to see that they were magnetic and popped right out of their little single holder. 90% of mine are also Makeup Geek. 

Honored Contributor

I want (and will probably order) the depotting stove/burner/whatever it is. I depot now and many items I've broken (so I had to reset them) due to the glue. Melting the lipsticks is handy as well. I transfer it all to my TM planner pages.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I want (and will probably order) the depotting stove/burner/whatever it is. I depot now and many items I've broken (so I had to reset them) due to the glue. Melting the lipsticks is handy as well. I transfer it all to my TM planner pages.

@SahmIam  I'm wondering if a candle warmer plate type gadget would work the same? 

@Kabella @wvumountiefan You can use the metal pans that come with the de-potting kit for not only melting lipsticks but any cream concealer or foundation. It is super easy and they melt within a minutes time.