Respected Contributor

Yr Cosmetics-Not In Regular Use- What to do w/ them?

[ Edited ]

What do you do,   (ex "Where/How do you store")  .. those Cosmetics of yours, that are not in "regular, or daily" use?"

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Respected Contributor

Re: Yr Cosmetics-Not In Regular Use- What to do w/ them?

@JoyFilled Warrior All of my products are within reach. I never know what I will want from day to day. 

I have a 2 acrylic CD/DVD storage thingies with 12 slots that hold my large Mac palettes perfectly. Thicker palettes set on top. I have a small 3 drawer unit that holds pot eyeshadows & a few indiviual shadows.

I have a set of tilt out bins that hold shadow sticks, liner pencils & some small palettes.

Brushes are in brush holders on top of that & I lay a wash cloth over them to keep the dust off of them, but I can grab them easily.

I have a drawer in the vanity with powder, powder foundations, highlighters, bronzers, blushes.

There is a rotating organizer from QVC that holds lipsticks, lipglosses, mascaras, liquid foundation, concealers, etc. 

I have a Mac train case that holds my back up products.

Honored Contributor

@JoyFilled Warrior   My daily makeup is in the top drawer of my vanity. Brushes, lip pencils and eye liners that I use every day are in clear glass mugs on top w/ a few lipsticks and my favorite glosses. 

Anything that only gets worn sometimes is in the second drawer. I go through that drawer every few months. If items have not been used or I no longer love them, I toss them. There's no point in keeping what I won't wear.

Honored Contributor

I have a tackle-box size Caboodles makeup case which I store in the cabinet under my bathroom sink. It's right there in a convenient place. The rest of my bigger stash is in a separate room on a shelf.

Caboodles On-the-Go-Girl Retro Case - holds a lot for a tackle-box size case!

Caboodles Makeup Cases from $11.47 on ULTA.com

Amazon.com: Caboodles On-The-Go Girl Retro Case, Bubblegum Marble ,  13.38x8.88x6.5 Inch (Pack of 1)

Respected Contributor

@Dusty1   @Shanus  @SilleeMee 

These are WONDERFUL ideas!!

I had a wonderful set up at my last place, but I had to move, & this bathroom cant accomodate my same, ole arrangement.   darn it.. Plus....I gave all those great compartments away.

Starting from scratch.  So I'm looking for ideas!  THANKS!

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
  1. @JoyFilled Warrior 

If you have the room for it I highly recommend a rolling cart. They have two three and four tiers. I first got a two-tier rolling cart and that was a joke. Gave it to my mother and bought this three-tier rolling cart.  I store it in the larger of my two bathroom closets.  I have some miscellaneous makeup in the top left-hand drawer of the vanity and the drawer below that contains all my skin care. In the trays of the cart are clear rectangle trays to organize products by type. Both the cart and acrylic trays were bought on Amazon.  

Hope this works Right, I'm not at my computer.  My bad knee and my computer arrangement/office chair don't get along.

Respected Contributor

@JoyFilled Warrior  ALL of my makeup, except for my only shadow pallette, fits in a Lug trolley bag. It also fits my tweezers, nail file, Panasonic shaver, nail clippers, and all my makeup brushes.

Respected Contributor

@vermint  Thank you.

@vermint wrote:

@JoyFilled Warrior  ALL of my makeup, except for my only shadow pallette, fits in a Lug trolley bag. It also fits my tweezers, nail file, Panasonic shaver, nail clippers, and all my makeup brushes.

Sounds great.. and compact & neat.  Thanks

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@JoyFilled Warrior 

If you have the room for it I highly recommend a rolling cart. They have two three and four tiers. I first got a two-tier rolling cart and that was a joke. Gave it to my mother and bought this three-tier rolling cart.  I store it in the larger of my two bathroom closets.  I have some miscellaneous makeup in the top left-hand drawer of the vanity and the drawer below that contains all my skin care. In the trays of the cart are clear rectangle trays to organize products by type. Both the cart and acrylic trays were bought on Amazon.  

Hope this works Right, I'm not at my computer.  My bad knee and my computer arrangement/office chair don't get along.

<  snip pic  >

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@monicakm   Gosh. wouldnt I like 2 linen closets to push away a cosmetic cart, out of the way to.  In this house, I dont even have drawers underneath the b'room sink.. (or anywhere else, for that matter)

I do have some kind of "closet door rack" that's supposed to fit on the inside of the Linen Closet door, (not assembled yet).  but hardly enough for ALL my cosmetics.

In the old house, I had a wonderful, white, wooden 5ft "cosmetic" cabinet with doors, and on top, acrylic drawer storage.  So neat, & could put my hands on anything, at any time, but in this bathroom.. doesnt fit at all! 

But I'm loving everyone's suggestions & ideas here!  THANKS

ClosetMaid Adjustable Organizer Rack with Baskets Wall or Over Door Mount, for Kitchen, Pantry, Utility Room, Closet, 18 in. W, White Finish, Inch

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   I feel badly for you, abt your pain. I can imagine how awfully painful it is. 

I hope you feel less pain, and feel better, while waiting for the Doc.

Some suggestions:

Salonpas Patches.. (the one specifically marked *HOT*)

"Stop Pain"  (Roll On) found at most Drug Stores

Salonpas  "JET SPRAY"

Bag of (Frozen Peas & Carrots) for ice on the knee

"Cho-Pat" (Brand Name)(knee wrap) <--NOT a knock off! (Select yr Size)

"Cho-Pat Dual Action Knee Strap, Provides Full Mobility and Pain Relief for Arthritic, Weakened Knees, Tendonitis, Osgood Schlatter’s, Meniscus Tears, Chondromalacia, Black"