Super Contributor

Your thoughts on Madison Reed

If you have tried it....does it indeed cover gray? And we're you happy with the color match? I'm trying to save myself some money by not dropping $75 at the salon to get my hair colored. But I haven't been happy with drugstore brands. They just won't cover my gray (and I don't have a lot of gray yet!)
Super Contributor

Re: Your thoughts on Madison Reed

Has anyone tried it?
Respected Contributor

I have been wondering the same about Madison Reed as I've thought about trying it.  

QVC sells Joan Rivers Beauty Great Hair Day Fill-In Powder with Brush that is pretty good  (A78804) although I like it better for the brows.

I'd like to know also if MR works better. 

Valued Contributor

I had decided to try this to see if color lasted longer than Ion neutral brown from sallys....The gal told me a certain color to get after asking me questions and i told her i wanted NO red tones...Got the color and was so bummed at the red in it i called and they sent me a new color free with supposedly no red.Well that didnt work either and when it faded faster than the Ion it had alot of reddish tones also.Totally disgusted that i tried this brand and after this have decided to let my hair grow out....I have grey/silver in front and salt and pepper mixed everywhere else and with the reddish tones does not look that great but oh well...Will be happy when its all grown out...There neutral browns are not neutral and do have red in them so beware if this is not what you want...Ion was a good neutral color(barely any red tones) and should have just stuck with that.