Super Contributor

Re: Your thoughts on L'Occitane

I just spoke to my sister in law. I asked her if she has ever used Loccitane. She said the products are nice but she doesn't think they warrant their price. I do like Josie's body butters. And I have a couple left. Maybe I'll try those first and order her scrub.
Super Contributor

I love the hand cream in the shea butter scent.

I find most of the other scents too strong, lavander though always smells clean and their lavander scent smells natural.

Honored Contributor

I think the scents smell really nice.  I can't use them--break me out.  

They, at least, do not smell cheap the way some do.  It's a nice line but I can't use much of anything scented.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Thanks, all! It turns out my mom bought me a bunch of JM Vanilla Bean body butter when I was going through that kick a few months ago. She just gifted it to me tonight. I'm stocked up for a while. Ironic since I just commented a few hours that I was going to stick with JM for now. So I'm going to order the JM scrub tonight.
Valued Contributor

I LOVE THEM.  The Almond bath wash is wonderful.

Respected Contributor

I think L'Occitane is a very good product.  However, there are much less expensive products for moisture. 

Esteemed Contributor

@StillRachB, I agree with your sister-in-law about the products seeming to be overpriced.  I think L'Occitane products are very nice, but other lines are using fields in the same region of the world to harvest ingredients, and do so with more moderate prices.  I  realize that brands can come up with dozens of reason as to why their products must cost more, so that's not really the issue.  I've used some of those other brands, and L'Occitane doesn't come off as being much more superior.

Overall, L'Occitane has a few standouts and some things which are just ok.  I can't say I've ever tried anything which I would classify as horrible.  My favorites in the line are Almond Shower Cream, and the Shea line (particularly the foot and hand creams).