Respected Contributor

Re: Your "go to" non-caking face SPF

For reference I have mature but still combination skin with oily T zone and with wrong product could still get a break out.  I hate spf but they are necessary.  I won't use chemical spf.  Having said that I use Tower 28 sold at Sephora for my foundation since it has some coverage and sold in different colors.  When I don't want or need coverage I use Ghost Democracy.  

Trusted Contributor

I like Neutrogena Deep Moisture Day Cream.  It has SPF 20.  I like that it is a cream instead of a lotion, it has no scent, and it goes on very smoothly.  When I travel I take Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 50.  It is a lotion in a tube (less than 3 ounces for carry-on TSA compliance) with no scent and goes on smoothly. 

Valued Contributor

@chiclet 

Hi I am 59 with same skin issues . I really like the Tower  28 . I aggree with @Shanus . I dont think anyone really puts that recommended 

I still use the Supergoop Unseen all over then come in with the Tower 28 . Its really nice .

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl 

Hi I am 59 with still oily acne prone skin . I am really liking the Tower 28 tinted sunscreen . I agree with @Shanus that tinted olone is not enough . I use supergoop unseen first then use the Tower 28 .

Honored Contributor

I have a problem with white cast from mineral sunscreens (zinc oxide). Tinted mineral sunscreens on me still make me look ghostly. That's basically like applying a foundation which is too light. I have yet to find a tinted mineral sunscreen that looks okay on me. That's why I use chemical sunscreens plus it's what my derm recommends also.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I recently bought this Asian sunscreen and I am in love with it. It feels weightless, very hydrating and you can't feel that you're wearing it. Looks and feels like your skin, not greasy/shiny and it works well under makeup. Water-resistant, too. It does contain some alcohol and it's there to make it dry very fast. No fragrance that I could detect. It's an Asian chemical sunscreen (not used in US brands)  just so you know.

Skin Aqua Super Moisture Gel pump (SPF50)  $16 / 3.5 oz (amazon)

Rohto Skin Aqua Super Moisture Gel Pump (Spf50 + Pa ++++) ingredients  (Explained)

@SilleeMee I have been using this one for about 1 month as I previously used one in a blue bottle that was to oily and didn't work with my foundations but was in this same Amazon line of Asian Sunscreens so I use that one on my hands to use it up!  I had seen a prior post of yours on this one and thought why not give it a go!  I LOVE it....dries down totally and works perfectly under all my foundations!  I use it on my face neck and chest.  

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite 

Yay! Glad you love that Asian sunscreen, too. It's the best under foundation. ITA!

Contributor

ELTA  SPF 46 SUNSCREEN, THE BEST. COMES IN REGULAR AND TINTED

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Mad Hippie skin serum SPF 29.  no chemicals, all mineral sunscreen

@Shelbelle   This say shimmery, I have combo type skin does this make you shiny and shimmery??

No shimmer in the one I use, SPF 29,  Sheer Tint Sun Serum. 

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl , I recently bought PTR Water Drench spf 45 with hyaluronic.   I really like it!  I can apply any foundation over it with no problems.   I purchased it from lala daisy on sale, and they had an additional 20 percent off...so price was great.