Respected Contributor

Your "go to" non-caking face SPF

I need a good SPF that doesn't cake. I used to use Dr Denese SPF tinted moist. however, the last couple I have used went on uneven and sorta caked up on me.

I have used IT Cosmetics and it's just too heavy for me while on vacation somewhere hot, I need something light that won't make my face all sweaty and will go on smoothly.

I prefer tinted however, if you have a good SPF Moisturizer I would love to hear about it. I have to be careful because even though I am in my 50s some make me breakout and that is NOT what I need while on vacation.

Excited to see some suggestions so I can go check some out. Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Re: Your "go to" non-caking face SPF

Colorescience sunforgettable total protection face shield. It is slightly tinted, but does not dry down that way. It leaves a beautiful glow. Very smooth on the skin.

Valued Contributor

Supergoop unseen Sunscreen is my go to for wearing under make up. If I'm not wearing make up I use the supergoop play suncreen. I don't have any issues with caking up with these. They do have mineral based SPF as well but I haven't tried those.

Respected Contributor

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer UV SPF 30 #1

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl   I use a sparate SPF even if wearing foundation or tinted moisturizer that has an spf. There is not enough protection in these. I don't apply them to neck and chest and you really need the recommended 1 tsp. of spf. I would never wear that much foundation anyway. 

I like ELTA MD spfs.

Honored Contributor

I recently bought this Asian sunscreen and I am in love with it. It feels weightless, very hydrating and you can't feel that you're wearing it. Looks and feels like your skin, not greasy/shiny and it works well under makeup. Water-resistant, too. It does contain some alcohol and it's there to make it dry very fast. No fragrance that I could detect. It's an Asian chemical sunscreen (not used in US brands)  just so you know.

Skin Aqua Super Moisture Gel pump (SPF50)  $16 / 3.5 oz (amazon)

Rohto Skin Aqua Super Moisture Gel Pump (Spf50 + Pa ++++) ingredients  (Explained)
Honored Contributor

Mad Hippie skin serum SPF 29.  no chemicals, all mineral sunscreen

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Mad Hippie skin serum SPF 29.  no chemicals, all mineral sunscreen

@Shelbelle   This say shimmery, I have combo type skin does this make you shiny and shimmery??

Trusted Contributor

Paula's Choice Resist Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30. It has a very light tint to prevent the white cast from the zinc oxide.

pc spf.png

Regular Contributor

Try the Trader Joe’s version of the Supergoop Unseen, it’s the best!