Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your opinions please on a misdiagnosis. I am ticked!

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

@ellaphant

My first opinion is the constant disgrace practices that are allowed to go on in the medical field is unbelievable. 

My second thought is I feel bad that you had to go through the insult after the injury.

Third though report the Dr to your State's attorneys office.

What?    Constant disgrace practices?    

What has this got to do with the OP's post?    Rashes can come from any number of things, so it's an inexact science, at best.    Do you think the MD deliberately misdiagnosed the OP?

Isn't is amazing the first thing out of the mouths of these posters is sue, sue, sue!!  They have no idea what a doctor goes through with their practice and how stressful it is.  No wonder their malpractice insurance is through the roof.  Bottom line is the patient had a visit with a doctor whether she liked the outcome or not she owes the doctor what the balance of the visit is according to her insurance company.

Also, did you all know that if she doesn't pay the bill A DOCTOR CAN REPORT HER TO HER INSURANCE COMPANY FOR LACK OF PAYMENT.  THE INSURANCE COMPANY CAN CANCEL HER AS A POLICY HOLDER FOR NOT LIVING UP TO THE CONTRACT OF THAT POLICY.  

Respected Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

Her questions to you and your answers got you to the rosacea diagnosis.  She asked you how long you had the redness, whether it itches, burned or was painless, etc.   It doesn't seem that the two of you had a good understanding and communication with one another.  I'd pay the bill, maybe switch doctors but also recognize that many different conditions appear visibly the same so it isn't ridiculous for a doctor to try antibiotics to rule something out.  If she never communicated to you that there are various conditions that is "could" be I'd switch to a different doctor.

Oh, blame me huh, for not 'communicating'??  Sorry, 2 months maybe, but my face getting worse and worse, with blazing red and swollen skin and lots of flaking for 4 months? Not acceptable. Look up pictures and see the difference of Rosacea and Sobborhaic Dermatitis.

Respected Contributor

It was not a rash. It was Sebborhaic Facial Dermatitis. Red swollen and flaky skin.

I have a high deductible. My insurance only pays a portion until my deductible is met.

Valued Contributor

I had to see a derm a few years ago and right off he said sebderm. Guess I was lucky. The general dr said rosecea but it kept getting worse so he said I needed to see a derm. The prescription cream the derm perscribed cleared it right up. He also told me to use vanicream light as my moisturizer.

I realy think the derm you went you dropped the ball, after seeing her more then once with the same issue she should have  realized that she needed to look further and it probably wasnt Rosecea.

Valued Contributor

wanted to add that in my expierence Roscea and sebderm really do look different. The derm did a scraping also of the area.

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

It was not a rash. It was Sebborhaic Facial Dermatitis. Red swollen and flaky skin.

I have a high deductible. My insurance only pays a portion until my deductible is met.

so? what differerence does this make in you not paying your bill? Whether you had one visit or 5, if you have a high deductible, your plan doesn't pay until it's met. The more visits you have, the closer you get to meeting your deductible,

You seem to not understand health insurance or how doctors practice medicine. Getting to the correct diagnosis is not always a one and done, especially with skin conditions. Many of them look similar and have similar symptoms. You've already been told all of this yet you seem to still want someone to give you support to do what? Not pay the bill? Sue the practice?In either case, you will not win. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.