Honored Contributor

Re: Your opinions of "Beauty Master Class", Two Days Of Beauty

@Harpa   Th RMS vendor, Rose marie Swift is the creator of the line and definitely a "Master", but she can't get a word in w/ SK.

BTW, SK is no master. She hasn't changed her heavily lined eyes and too pale lips since beginning on Q. 

Honored Contributor

@decaf - I did buy the honey version of the TSV.  Thinking about some Belle Beauty items and may go back and see if they are still available.

I enjoyed the 2 days and watched off and on.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Harpa   Th RMS vendor, Rose marie Swift is the creator of the line and definitely a "Master", but she can't get a word in w/ SK.

BTW, SK is no master. She hasn't changed her heavily lined eyes and too pale lips since beginning on Q. 

I do think she (RMS) has a good overall philosophy especially for more mature skin. But I can't get beyond her choice of lip color for herself. Somehow I find that extremely outdated and not as attractive.

I didn't mean to imply one never hears any good tips now. It's just seems like it's all a re-vamping with the  newer vendors. But of course, the focus is on buying from their product lines. (Variations on a theme)

@Shanus, Have you made any headway with the one client you wrote about? She might really learn something if she watched RM!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I do think she (RMS) has a good overall philosophy especially for more mature skin. But I can't get beyond her choice of lip color for herself. Somehow I find that extremely outdated and not as attractive.

I didn't mean to imply one never hears any good tips now. It's just seems like it's all a re-vamping with the  newer vendors. But of course, the focus is on buying from their product lines. (Variations on a theme)

@Shanus, Have you made any headway with the one client you wrote about? She might really learn something if she watched RM!

@Harpa   RMS has chosen a signature look for herself...red lip...has done that for many years. Having her same coloring, I was all ready to do a red lip myself before covid & masks. 

That "client" popped in a few weeks ago with her new and improved look...much less heavy makeup and appeared happy and younger by at least 10 yrs. Thanks for asking. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

QVC already had a template for beauty "Master Classes".  This was what they attempted when they had the Beauty IQ channel.  That was much more informational and educational than what little I saw of the beauty 'event'.

I did catch the last few seconds of a show with Shawn who was asking some interesting questions of the vendor about eye liner .  Unfortunately, she did this with about 30 seconds left in the show.  But the time she finished all her questions, the vendor rep could only reply in a sweeping generalization.  The rep was the one that said they should do an entire show about just eye liner.

I thought these tutorial type presentations were what they were showing on their streaming channels/videos, rather than on air on the main channel.

Valued Contributor

@skatting44   The videos popped up on Facebook throughout the day. I watched a couple. You didn't miss anything. Nothing  "masterful" about how to apply mascara. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

I agree!!!  I love a red lip and understated on the rest of the face.  Timeless.  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus. I read a post where SK said she had 80 MAC lipsticks so maybe she could find a new one. Lol.  It was figured most  probably were sample gifts. All I could think of last night seeing her is Mr. Magoo. Sometimes I enjoy her then again,  then again sometimes not.

Trusted Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

@Shanus. I read a post where SK said she had 80 MAC lipsticks so maybe she could find a new one. Lol.  It was figured most  probably were sample gifts. All I could think of last night seeing her is Mr. Magoo. Sometimes I enjoy her then again,  then again sometimes not.

@Gorgf  I guess you missed Shawn yesterday when she said she has 97 MAC lipsticks.  it's a sales technique, try to keep with her collection.  Yes, definitely a Mr. Magoo look.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf   She said the samething w/the 80 lipsticks on the last MAC show.Certainly, it's not true and if yes, 3/4 of them must be rancid by now. No one uses that many lipsticks on a regular rotation. She also wear the GIVANCHY lipstick when presented, as well as multiples of outfits, too. It's all BS.