Honored Contributor

Re: Your latest VITAMIN C E F SERUM??

@SilleeMee 

Should I use LA and this particular VC together?  If so, do both go on before essences?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Should I use LA and this particular VC together?  If so, do both go on before essences?

@monicakm 

Apply the LA first, let it dry down and then apply your essence. The issue I have with the Missha is that I don't know what the pH of that product is. It should be somewhere close to what LA is which is about 3.0 to 3.5. The LA is 3.5 so mixing the VC with the LA together should be okay but I can't be sure so just apply the LA first. Hope that made sense.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thanks, yes, the directions made sense Smiley Happy  I'll look on the Missha website or contact them to ask about the pH. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm --sometimes a 6 year old has more on the ball than I do!!Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Thanks, yes, the directions made sense Smiley Happy  I'll look on the Missha website or contact them to ask about the pH. Thank you!

@monicakm 

Found the pH level to be 6.2 which makes me question the efficacy of the ascorbate in that Missha product. The other derivatives (three total) are fine at that pH. The ascorbate could be added as a boosting ingredient rather than a primary VC one. Besides that, it looks to have a lot of other stuff in there...like a soup of all kinds of stuff.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thank you for checking on that for me.  Yes, it has a whole lotta "good for you" stuff.  Apparently tho, not "good for you" Vit C Smiley Surprised

Hey, while I have your attention, I came across another product in my anti-aging stash. It's Mad Hippie Vit A.  Would you mind critiquing it please and letting me know what I shouldn't mix it with?  I'm sure I need to stop using it when I start the Tretinoin.

About this item

• HPR – Revolutionary new form of vitamin A that is bioavailable in its current state without the need of any inefficient metabolic steps (retinol requires 2). Works to dramatically reduce the appearance of wrinkles & discoloration, revealing beautiful, youthful skin.
  • Phytoceramide – Aids in moisture retention, leading to more plumped up, hydrated skin.
  • Sodium Hyaluronate – The salt of hyaluronic acid (HA), sodium hyaluronate, has been shown to have better skin penetrating capabilities than HA alone. Works to moisturize the skin while reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
  • Oat Beta Glucan – Naturally hydrates and soothes the skin. Oat beta glucan has been shown reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
  • Aloe Vera – Works to nourish the skin while forming a thin protective layer.
  • Sodium Hyaluronate – The salt of hyaluronic acid (HA), sodium hyaluronate, has been shown to have better skin penetrating capabilities than HA alone. Works to moisturize the skin while reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
  • Oat Beta Glucan – Naturally hydrates and soothes the skin. Oat beta glucan has been shown reduce the appearance of wrinkles.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Thank you for checking on that for me.  Yes, it has a whole lotta "good for you" stuff.  Apparently tho, not "good for you" Vit C Smiley Surprised

Hey, while I have your attention, I came across another product in my anti-aging stash. It's Mad Hippie Vit A.  Would you mind critiquing it please and letting me know what I shouldn't mix it with?  I'm sure I need to stop using it when I start the Tretinoin.

About this item

• HPR – Revolutionary new form of vitamin A that is bioavailable in its current state without the need of any inefficient metabolic steps (retinol requires 2). Works to dramatically reduce the appearance of wrinkles & discoloration, revealing beautiful, youthful skin.
  • Phytoceramide – Aids in moisture retention, leading to more plumped up, hydrated skin.

@monicakm 

Treat that Mad Hippie as any other retinoid product. 

Honored Contributor

👍 Thumbs Up Emoji on Apple iOS 6.0

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee thanks for info on the lab serum, I’m a fan of thd ascorbate and that’s a great price, even at $15. Never shopped at shop LC, going down the rabbit hole of these lab products.
Honored Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:
@SilleeMeethanks for info on the lab serum, I’m a fan of thd ascorbate and that’s a great price, even at $15. Never shopped at shop LC, going down the rabbit hole of these lab products.

You're welcome @Fluke67 

Usually on Fridays that serum goes on sale for $10. I'll be buying at least one more bottle when it does. So far I like the consistency and how it feels on my skin. Been using it everyday.