Honored Contributor

Re: Your favorite lilac scents/perfumes?

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Bummed to hear the Pacifica one isn't that great.  I guess I'm not shocked by that though.  Their fragrances are hit-or-miss.

I bought a Pacifica vanilla body spray and it smelled like soap...vanilla soap.  Smiley Sad

The blood orange is nice though.

It's not bad, just not as much like a real lilac as I would like.  Now that I'm in this mode, I'm going to buy some actual lilacs and do a scent comparison.

I'll report back, @mistriTsquirrel, if I find some good (real) lilacs.  Oddly, some sold have very little fragrance.  

Or you can probably easily find Pacifica locally.  I think it's widely sold.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@GingerPeach'WEN Spring Honey Lilac is awesome.  True lilac scent.  Chaz gets migraines from fragrance so he formulated his with the best ingredients.  I sit on my patio next to lilac bushes......the WEN fragrance is exactly what I smell !

@GingerPeach I  totally agree with @Suebdoo! Chaz has captured a lovely rendition in his Spring Honey Lilac edp. To me, it's modern not mumsy. There's an attractive freshness with just the right amount of lilac that subtly captivates like the scent in our gardens.

See A309871 for the recent offer and check reviews on A278575. Chaz also offers  an incredible body creme in the lilac scent. Also check ebay. Many sellers decant into sample sizes for an affordable try me price. This is good stuff💓👍

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@GingerPeach

48E54691-3A21-486C-A76E-EA754332FB61.jpeg

Thanks for point out this one, @butterfly123

Being one quarter Scottish, I think I might just like this one.

The reviews at Vermont Country Store are very good!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the ebay tip on Chaz's lilac perfume, @rochelleS.  I was hoping there was a way to sample it.  Now I know!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@GingerPeach'WEN Spring Honey Lilac is awesome.  True lilac scent.  Chaz gets migraines from fragrance so he formulated his with the best ingredients.  I sit on my patio next to lilac bushes......the WEN fragrance is exactly what I smell !

@Suebdoo Thanks for the recommendation of WEN Lilac.  I will order as the EDP, but may also order the Cleansing Conditioner to shower my entire body with.  

Valued Contributor

Mrs Myers has a nice lilac scent for spring. I have the hand soap and dish soap and they're both lovely. They smell like fresh cut lilacs.

Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

Mrs Myers has a nice lilac scent for spring. I have the hand soap and dish soap and they're both lovely. They smell like fresh cut lilacs.

Now there's an idea!  I like this, @Jasmine19

Frequent Contributor

White Lilac by Mary Chess (1932) -- Very Good.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

Old English Lavender... heavenly....

Hi @Q4u You got me curious as to whether this one actually included lilac as part of the ingredients.  I was sad to see it did not.  I was ready to go shopping!  Did I choose the wrong one?

From the Yardley website for English Lavender perfume:

A beautifully fresh, clean elegant fragrance combining bergamot and clary sage with a heart of English Lavender, eucalyptus, geranium, jasmine, chamomile and violet, enhanced with deeper, warm notes of wood, vanilla and patchouli.

You are so right.... I confused Lilac with Lavender.... immediately thought of my Mom...Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

This has NOTHING to do with lilacs and yet, it smells EXACTLY the lilacs my MIL grows as well as as a family friend; when you walk in their gardens, it's....heavenly.

Jo Malone French Lime Blossom. It's lilacs and yet, it isn't. It's a beautiful scent that smells like the fresh flowers in the garden; nothing fake about it. I want to smell REAL French Lime Blossoms to see how they compare, lol.

"Lilac" scents smell awful to me and remind me of the old women in Church on a hot summer day when I was growing up; not a good smell. The scents in bottles never smelled like the real thing (which I love).

Until this one. : )