Honored Contributor

Your favorite and least favorite sample programs ?

I'm loving the TILI from QVC, also the Sephora Play boxes.  Allure sits in the middle and I finally cancelled it after a couple years when Sephora finally let me in.  The bottom of the pile features Birchbox, not a good value for me at all.  Then there is Walmart in a class by itself, since you get a bunch of more practical products for only 5.00. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Your favorite and least favorite sample programs ?

My favorite is the Walmart Beauty Box, because I don't break the bank if I fall in love with something. Some items that I tried and loved from the Walmart boxes are: the Gliss shampoo and Conditioners, and the Neutrogena Hydroboost watergel.  I also love that it is quarterly. I don't use up enough products to order monthly boxes.

Honored Contributor

I have gotten a few over the years I am currently getting Sephora Play box and Allure Sample box, thought Amazon. The playbox is ok, not sure what the big deal about this is, I just got my first Allure box and its pretty good

Best for for me is New Beauty Test Tube, lots of full size sample, a version was also sold by QVC years back, and the worst is Birchbox.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I had no idea that there were sample programs -- interesting.  I have good luck with Nordstrom when I order a beauty product I can select 3 samples.  If they don't have what you requested Nordstrom has given me a small bag of goodies about 5 or 6 samples.  I share my samples with ladies in my building as I don't need so many.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Sephora is my favorite.

Honored Contributor

Tried all of the beauty boxes mentioned so far---canceled them all. Got too many things that I never use and just tossed out, even tho I filled out what my preferences were. Now I am getting macys B box---so far so good. It's $15 but you get a $5 coupon with each box. the sizes are more travel than sample sized and I haven't gotten anything I wouldn't use yet. Geez--I must have 20 tubes of mascara at least and 5 tubes of that awful matte lipstick from the others.One box they shorted me a few things and it took 2 or 3 months to get them to send me those things. Look you pay for them, you shoud get them, right!! I then canceled that one.

Honored Contributor

I have been getting IPSY for over a year.  Every time I think - I'm going to cancel --then I get a good beauty bag!  For only $10, it's not bad.  I occasionally will change or tweak my preferences and that seems to help get different items.  I won't pay a lot for these beauty bags or boxes because I still love to shop for items all the time in stores.  This bag had a small size of IT Bye-Bye Pores powder, HD Foundation, a vanilla lip balm in a little cookie container, lip gloss in a gorgeous dark fuschia color, and a slim eye brow pencil.  I actually liked them all!  A first! 

I have been wanting to try another sample box but are there any others that are decent for $10? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin