Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your best finds at TJ Maxx/Marshall's?

We have a TJMaxx really close by, and I always head straight for the handbags.  Huge selection in excellent condition, and the prices can't be beat.  A Marshall's is about to open in my neighborhood, as well - temptation everywhere I turn, ha ha.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Handbags, luggage & jewelry

They always have designer jewelry, sometimes marked down even more.

I bought a great pair of Robert Lee Morris earrings.

Respected Contributor

I recently bought a Sak handbag for $50.  It retails for $138 in Dillards.  I've bought lots of Philosophy bath gels recently.  I like the DJ Jeans that they sell.  I bought some capri's with embroidery for $20.

Respected Contributor

Handbags and Philosophy.

Super Contributor

Love TJMaxx/Marshalls/Homegoods!  Was just at Homegoods today 😊.....picked up a couple things, nothing special, but as always, well priced.

Can't really say what my best finds have been, but I'm seldom disappointed with a quick trip to any of the three!

Trusted Contributor

I look for Eygptian Cotton sheets and Organic Cotton sheets. Just bought two sets for around $39 and $49 each. Also look for high end Italian Cotton shets. I have found 14kt gold jewelry, rings and bracelets that I love and wear everyday. The white gold bracelet has a hamsa charm and was on the clearance section for $16.

I also love finding All-Clad Pans and Le Creuset pieces.

Regular Contributor

My best find so far was last Fall at a Marshalls when I found a clearance Kate Spade handbag (xbody) for about $50.  

Valued Contributor

Big and Sexy products 

Esteemed Contributor

If I were to date back to when those stores first came on the retail scene the list would be too long for a thread.  Just thinking of so far in 2018 my special finds include:

A replacement of a T-Fal skillet which was part of a set, but had been ruined by a malfunctioning stove.  I am not much of a cook, but like my cookware to match. 

A Banana Republic dark green wool jacket which was I would describe as an interpretation of a peacoat, but less masculine with more shape definition, longer length, and dolman-like sleeves (not true dolman, but some drop under the arms). 

A Free People long peasant sleeve, white cotton shirt tunic. 

Perricone Neuropeptide Night Cream. 

My all-time best find was a story art print black linen maxi length skirt embellished with bright sequins.  It was a model sample sans manufacturing tag or labels inside the garment, so I can't share the brand. I bought that skirt almost 20 years ago!

Honored Contributor

TJ Max and Marshall’s in my area are junky dirty stores and they do not offer much.  I have scored pieces of my everyday dishes there for a great price.

Last fall, a new store combining Marshall’s and Home Goods opened about 40 minutes from me. I was there once, but didn’t have time to browse, so I will have to go back.

That store was lovely and stocked full of everything.