Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

What a great thread @RooRoo .

Question on the Super Goop -  Is this a combo primer/sunscreen?   I'm always hearing good things about this brand.

@San Antonio Gal 

Converted to Supergoop the end of last year.  They make a tinted version which has become my one and done.  

Sorry, I don’t use primer, so no advice there.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

New to me in 2021:

Two foundations

1. Voodoo makeup 

E2F43A9F-ABCC-49D6-94B9-9E6A1A7E3727.jpeg

This coconut cream foundation works for me and is the perfect match. It makes my combination skin so soft. I use it sparingly. The little triangle goes under my eyes to help with allergy eyes/dark circles. I've actually had it, but wasn't using it right. I talked to Aimee, the owner, and now I know what to do! 

2. Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint SPF40

F3BBC658-E436-4A82-BE49-4BE9B9EBD191.jpeg

I'd never tried a serum foundation before, and I'd never heard of Ilia! My light coverage go-to was Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. I tried this- light coverage that covered, and felt so light on my face. Again, perfect match. When I want a no-makeup look I turn to this.

3. Like @lkat - Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Blush 

6BD3E481-C64C-421F-A6E5-54EF686FB739.jpeg

I was not planning to get anything but skin care when a Sephora mua told me she had the perfect blush for me. Of course they had only two left LOL! But she talked me into trying Bliss. Once I put it on, I couldn't believe how much it brightened my face! I had to learn how to use a liquid blush, but it didn't take long!

4. Cat Cosmetics Gentle Gel Eye Pencil in Mythology 

7B9AC6D1-FECD-4ADB-96C7-309B7E7E67E9.jpeg

I have hazel eyes. Usually the khakis and greens I love are fine, and I know plums bring out the green in my eyes more, but this black/green/gold color makes them pop! I don't even mind the sparkle! 

5. Josie Maran's Argan Smooth Skin Resurfacing Serum 

61FCC28C-FAAE-49AE-80E1-1763B66B430D.jpeg

This is my first experience with serum. I really was a minimalist when it came to skin care. I wore sunscreen every day (Paula's Choice) and nothing at night. I never tried AHA or BHA. And I've been under a dermatologist's care for many years. 

I tried Argan oil, but I prefer the light formula. Once I tried Milk last year I honestly noticed a difference. Now it's the first thing I put on my face every morning. At night I've been using this for a few months. My skin feels and looks good. It's the only thing I use at night. I'm still working on my perfect routine! 

Super Contributor

@beach-mom  the VooDoo foundation & the compact look so cool. Never heard of it before, thanks for mentioning. Where did you purchase it?  Do you set it with a powder or does it dry down where you don't need to?  The Rare Beauty blushes will outlive me, LOL,it takes so little for such nice color Heart In one of my last purchases from Sephora, I received samples of the new Rare Beauty concealer. Haven't tried it yet but I hope it has the same staying power as the blush. 

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

What a great thread @RooRoo .

Question on the Super Goop -  Is this a combo primer/sunscreen?   I'm always hearing good things about this brand.

@San Antonio Gal 

Converted to Supergoop the end of last year.  They make a tinted version which has become my one and done.  

Sorry, I don’t use primer, so no advice there.

@Drythe  - Is this the one you use?  I googled tinted suncreeen in this brand and this is what came up.  It's a spf 50 CC cream.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@RooRoo wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

Also, the Ready To Wear lipsticks. Nobody on here ever talks about RTW, but he has some really good things.

@Harpa  thanks for mentioning RTW.  I will google but never heard of this brand.  Where do you purchase it?  Thanks

Hi @RooRoo  I see him on ShopHQ. Usually on a Friday early evening. I'm sure he has a website, but I never looked for it.

@RooRoo  - He used to be on HSN.  I've ordered a few products from his line.  His pricing was always very reasonable back then.

Honored Contributor

PURPLE REIGN BY NOUGHTY SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER!!!

Because I started letting my grey come in and am still getting platinum foils, I needed a *purple* shampoo to keep any brassiness (or even golden color) out.  (Yuck--to me.)

Redkin, et al are usually the go-to brands, but the ingredients and that they're not cruelty-free are a big NO for me.

So I found a woman owned, cruetly free, vegan, 97% natural ingredients and made in USA brand called Noughty.

I use their Purple Reign toning shampoo and conditioner every other shampoo.  Or I mix their shampoo in with my usual shampoo and same for conditioner.

No brassiness, just the cool colors I want. 

Noughty is not expensive, either!

Super Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  @Harpa  Thanks for the recommendation re RTW.  Next year when I'm buying again 😎 LOL, I will check it out!  The Supergoop! CC cream you've posted looks interesting @Drythe I've not tried it yet but will definitely consider when I run out.  They also have Burt Bee's type lip balm with spf that are very good.  Truthfully, I've never had anything but good results from this company.  They do run sales of course thru their website a couple times a year.  When I add the cost of a "good" sunscreen that plays well with my other cosmetics, & feels good too, it's worth it to me.  I used to dread putting on sunscreen, even if I knew I should.

Honored Contributor

I can't post pictures cuz I'm a loser (LOL) but here are my top 5 in no particular order:

1.  Cerave Tinted Sunscreen with SPF 50 - This is a 100% mineral sunscreen.  The tint is just enough that I can put this on when I will be outside all day and don't want make-up on. 

2.  Revlon Candid Foundation - this isn't a 2021 discovery, it's from 2020 but it continues to be my HG foundation so I'm putting it on my list.  I love this stuff. 

3.  The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm - love, love, love.  I am on my fourth tube of this and just ordered another.

4.   Essence Taupe It Up! Eyeshadow palette - this is stupid good for $3.99. 

5.  VieBeauti Lash Boost Serum - this is probably my number 1 now that I am doing this.  I ordered this on a whim from Amazon.  It is under $30.00 and my lashes are unbelievable from this stuff.  I get comments all the time now about my lashes, even from strangers.  Most people think my lashes are fake.        

Respected Contributor

The only thing that was really new for me this year was Natasha Denona's Glam palette.

The others are old old old! Essence mascara, Too Faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer, CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, Milani Eyeshadow Primer!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I can't post pictures cuz I'm a loser (LOL) but here are my top 5 in no particular order:

1.  Cerave Tinted Sunscreen with SPF 50 - This is a 100% mineral sunscreen.  The tint is just enough that I can put this on when I will be outside all day and don't want make-up on. 

2.  Revlon Candid Foundation - this isn't a 2021 discovery, it's from 2020 but it continues to be my HG foundation so I'm putting it on my list.  I love this stuff. 

3.  The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm - love, love, love.  I am on my fourth tube of this and just ordered another.

4.   Essence Taupe It Up! Eyeshadow palette - this is stupid good for $3.99. 

5.  VieBeauti Lash Boost Serum - this is probably my number 1 now that I am doing this.  I ordered this on a whim from Amazon.  It is under $30.00 and my lashes are unbelievable from this stuff.  I get comments all the time now about my lashes, even from strangers.  Most people think my lashes are fake.        

@Lipstickdiva  Do you know what the difference is between the lash serum in the purple tube versus the gold tube? And which do you use? TIA🙂

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt