Esteemed Contributor

What's your makeup finishing touch?

Mine is a drop of eye serum pressed into any vulnerable area, like on top of cheekbones where any feathering would occur. Luckily, it hasn't yet!

Honored Contributor

Re: Your Makeup Finishing Touch

I like to use a setting spray. This one for around $9:

download.jpg

For more shine control during the warmer months when it's humid or when I get sweaty, I like to use this as my setting powder, around $5.  I love this product:

download (1).jpg

Honored Contributor

Mine is Urban Decay makeup setting spray.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa I don't use any.  I have primer and have not used in months (I always forget).  I no longer work and only wear makeup if I am going outside (tinted moisturizer) and I have no problem with it lasting.  Cat Wink

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Since I always set my foundation with a powder and my bronzer, blush and highlighter are powder, I always finish with a setting mist. Right now it’s the ELF Matte mist. I do want to try the Milani SS that @SilleeMee posted above. I feel like it sets the powder and keeps me from having a “powdered look.”

Respected Contributor

I always do that index finger in your mouth trick so no lip products on teeth. Smile and check!

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

Since I always set my foundation with a powder and my bronzer, blush and highlighter are powder, I always finish with a setting mist. Right now it’s the ELF Matte mist. I do want to try the Milani SS that @SilleeMee posted above. I feel like it sets the powder and keeps me from having a “powdered look.”

Milani makes another one...'Make It Dewey' but I have not tried it yet. @wvumountiefan I would imagine it has something in it to make your face not matte like the 'Make It last'  I use.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I like to use a setting spray. This one for around $9:

download.jpg

For more shine control during the warmer months when it's humid or when I get sweaty, I like to use this as my setting powder, around $5.  I love this product:

download (1).jpg

@SilleeMee  Is that powder a loose powder or pressed?  Hard to tell from the picture.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

I use Becca Soft Light Blurring Powder very lightly over my face.  It comes with the best Kabuki Brush I ever saw.  Love the powder and the brush.  Best thing of all you don't even know you're wearing a light powder on your face.  Love that product.  It's a great product to use if you over did it on your blush.  It will tone it down.  

Esteemed Contributor

I use RCMA powder when I use powder.  I've been setting it with Elf setting spray, but when I run out I'll probably just use my Thayer's witch hazel toner in a spray bottle, as they do the same thing and I have Thayer's around anyway.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org