Honored Contributor

DH has allergies to many fragrances. I used to bring home cards spritzed with any  new parfumes, but they weren't as strong as the actual fragrance by the time I got home. Now I take him with me for sniff test when I find a new one. 

It's clear though, that he won't purchase fragrances as gifts. I like to choose my own (as long as his nose is OK with it.

I prefer woodsy, musk, vanilla, almost masculine parfumes. One time I settled a man's fragrance...can't remember which one, but it was my favorite for a long time.

Patchouli is a favorite note, but I have to have just a drop in a perfume, DH is allergic to that one.

Esteemed Contributor

@jbinrwc wrote:

Coco Mademoiselle.  Visiting my 100-year-old Mom and she really likes it.  She will be 101 on July 2nd and I will be wearing it every day that I am visiting.  I fly back to CA on July 19th.

@jbinrwc 

Very Happy Birthday Blessings to your DM!!

Esteemed Contributor

Tova Signature:

Top Notes

Bergamot

Aldehydes

Middle Notes

Lavender

Jasmine

Base Notes

Musk

Sandalwood

Amber

Valued Contributor
@Harpa What brand vanilla bean oil do you use? I have a vanilla oil I purchased online but it smells very artificial.
Frequent Contributor

While we are talking about fragrance.  Have you ever noticed that most scents/perfumes tend to smell different on the people wearing then? 

Years ago I wore an Avon fragrance exclusively and loved it.  Then a new girl came to work in our office.  She wore the same thing and I could not stand the way it smelled on her. 

So much so I stopped wearing it and that was when I found The body Shop and switched to White musk. 

Respected Contributor

Destiny by Marilyn Miglin.

Consists of White flowers.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I've probably seen that they make soap and shower gel but can't use anything other than Dove for Sensitive skin (that I don't have) so it's nothing I've paid attention to

Thinking Emoji [Download Thinking Emoji in PNG] | Emoji Island

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS 

I often mix my UNIBT scent with another EDP scent.  In fact yesterday, I  wore SHP UNIBT with my 613 EDP.  I agree that the 613 scent mixes well with anything!

Re:  Toby...I have several pictures to post, but since the traffic on the WEN forum has slowed down I stopped posting them.  I'll post one over there later today.  I have a new one with him all dressed up in his Independence Day accessories.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@Susan345 Absolutely. My Mom loved wearing Red/Giorgio perfume and it smelled great on her. I tried it once and it stunk!

I wear many philosophy fragrances. Some people complain that they don't last yet they last all day on me. And many who love philosophy love Fresh Cream and that smells like sour milk on me. 

Body chemistry. ❤

Trusted Contributor

Mark Self-Sanctuary Lemon Sugar. This has notes of lemon, sugar, vanilla, and jasmine. 

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24