Trusted Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Skincare Product

@GenXmusewrote:

I can’t use a lot of products due to rosacea but I do take collagen and hylauronic acid supplements. I drink lots of water and stay out of the sun. 

This sounds very interesting, can you share your specific produçts and results

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Frequent Contributor

Dr. Denese's Firming Facial Pads (used at night) have made a huge difference in my skin.  My skin doesn't get as many random blemishes, and my skin is smoother and more even.  Even my hubby has noticed a difference, and had no problems when my ODO 3-pack arrived in the mail Smiley Happy

Also, I'm always on a quest for a great eye cream.  I have tried so many, but I keep going back to Mario Badescu's Hyaluronic Eye Cream.  The price point is good for me, and it doesn't make crazy promises and there are no frills - just a good hydrating eye cream.

Esteemed Contributor

The ones working in tandem that continue to have benefits for me are: Alpha Enhanced Renewal (15% AHA) & Devita vitamin C serum (17% L-ascorbic acid) in a.m. (moisturizer on top) and Alpha Enhanced Wrinkle Repair (15% retinol) in p.m. (no moisturizer).

Other things contribute, too: good habits, good diet, (these not topically applied.)

Honored Contributor

• Retin A (Tretinoin)
  • Lancome's Genefique Serum
  • Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (lotion version during winter months)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Retin A and sunscreen have made the biggest difference for me. I know that sounds so bland. Derms have said for years that sunscreen is all that you need. Well I don't quite agree with that. My skin is dry so I must use other products to moisturize but those first two products that I mentioned have made the biggest difference. One more thing that I just started using in mid December is the Clarisonic Massage Firming Head. I was very skeptical of this but I already have the Smart Clarisonic so I purchased the head with a 20% coupon from Ulta. It takes 12 weeks to see the maximum results. At this point I see my face is smoother, my jawline is firmer and my neck and dec are smoother. The Massage Head works with your skincare to help them penetrate better. I was the on the fence about this thing for months because I thought it was all hype. Well now I am a believer.

Trusted Contributor

@I like celerywrote:

My skin is super, super sensitive, and 99% of products I try either irritate or cause breakouts for my skin.  I can't even find a moisturizer (from drugstore to "high end") that will work for me.  Imagine my surprise that one product has always worked for me, which is Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel. I used to use a bunch of Philosophy products years ago when the company was privately owned, but I don't even use their 3 in 1s any more.  I've been waiting for the Microdelivery Peel formula to suddenly change, and no longer work for me, but so far it hasn't changed.  I'm, also, surprised I can even use an exfoliating product on my super sensitive skin.

I hear you! My skin never used to break out unless I used products with silicone or shea butter in them but now silicone is in every thing ! I've resulted to using oils and my fave two are Herbivore' s Lapis & Korres Rose oil. And finally found  a cream that's not breaking me out, Drunk Elephant's new protini peptide gel cream.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

I have a lot of favorite products, but since you're asking about what's made the greatest difference, I have to pick Paula's Choice 2% BHA. I didn't immediately notice what a difference it made until I stopped using it. Then I noticed  how dramatically it had smoothed my skin and how much better my skin looked and felt when I was using it.

Respected Contributor

@UMDTerpFanwrote:

@I like celerywrote:

My skin is super, super sensitive, and 99% of products I try either irritate or cause breakouts for my skin.  I can't even find a moisturizer (from drugstore to "high end") that will work for me.  Imagine my surprise that one product has always worked for me, which is Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel. I used to use a bunch of Philosophy products years ago when the company was privately owned, but I don't even use their 3 in 1s any more.  I've been waiting for the Microdelivery Peel formula to suddenly change, and no longer work for me, but so far it hasn't changed.  I'm, also, surprised I can even use an exfoliating product on my super sensitive skin.

---------------------------------------------

I hear you! My skin never used to break out unless I used products with silicone or shea butter in them but now silicone is in every thing ! I've resulted to using oils and my fave two are Herbivore' s Lapis & Korres Rose oil. And finally found  a cream that's not breaking me out, Drunk Elephant's new protini peptide gel cream.

@UMDTerpFan  Funny you should mention "Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream." I recently received a tiny jar of it from a Sephora online promo code, and decided to try it,  I've only used it twice, but so far it hasn't caused any issues for my skin.  (Usually I notice some type of skin reaction the first or second day).  It's early, but I'm hoping I may actually have found a moisturizer that works for me!  I, also, like that the full size jar has an airless pump dispenser.

Image result for drunk elephant protini polypeptide cream

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

@I like celerywrote:

@UMDTerpFanwrote:

@I like celerywrote:

---------------------------------------------

@UMDTerpFan  Funny you should mention "Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream." I recently received a tiny jar of it from a Sephora online promo code, and decided to try it,  I've only used it twice, but so far it hasn't caused any issues for my skin.  (Usually I notice some type of skin reaction the first or second day).  It's early, but I'm hoping I may actually have found a moisturizer that works for me!  I, also, like that the full size jar has an airless pump dispenser.

Image result for drunk elephant protini polypeptide cream

@I like celery, yep, I feel like I've tried every brand on the planet!  Usually I get a raised red bump rashy looking  reaction within a  couple days if not within hours which I attribute to silicones. I never used to break out except around that time of the month and even then it would be 1 or 2 pimples. But since they started adding silicones to everything I started breaking out all the time. I knnow it's the silicones because they didn't used to put silicones in skincare but they did in primers and I always had the same reaction to primers which are loaded with silicones. So for anyone else whose skin is reacting to  everything I'd suggest going with oils and making sure your moisturizer does not have silicones in it which the DE Proteni does not. I've been using it for a little over two weeks and am happy with it. I forgot to list one of my fave oils: Sunday Riley Luna at night, let it absorb then apply Lapis oil. I also love Herbivore's Blue Tansey mask and their pink clay soap but I use Orgins Modern Friction Cleansing Oil first. Also love Origins Gensing Mascara.     

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid

If I kept all the empty bottles, I'd be able to build the "wall". 

A friend in need is a friend indeed.