Honored Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Skincare Product

@Happiness Is Inside JOBwrote:

@ALRATIBAwrote:

My favorite is Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream.   I started out with a firming lotion form Cosmetics Plus (they went out of business) then a firming lotion from Bath and Body Works ... but that was discontinued, and I then found the Avon product.

Actually, I don't see any improvement because I started using a firming lotion in my 50s so I wouldn't droop and wrinkle.   I've used the product everday since ... along with daily exfoliation via soap and water and bath gloves.

I also use Facial Flex for about the same time frame.

I'm 75 ... no wrinkles, no drooping.  But - I do have to give credit to my ancestors who passed along some pretty good genes.

I have a facial flex, stopped using for a long time but I am starting back up again.  How long are your facial flex sessions? I wonder is 2 minutes even effective. I am starting off slow but I'd love to hear your comments.

@Happiness Is Inside JOB

I don't time myself.  I put it in my mouth and do 80 "presses" .... wait a bit do 80 more ... wait a bit ...... repeat until I think I've done enough.  

I do it while I'm on the computer, reading or knitting.  If I'm sitting,  could be flexing!

Respected Contributor

Biologique Recherche P50 Lotion (there are several versions) - Actually an exfoliating toner that gives me the exfoliation I need without being too harsh.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

My top three favorite products are:

- tretinoin (Retino-A 0.05% Rx cream)

- microneedle roller ( 0.5mm White Lotus brand)

- muslin facial cloth ( EcoTools brand)

These things have given me smoother, firmer and brighter skin.

Ms. Sillee -

I would love to hear how oftern you use your microneedle roller, I have one but I am not consistent.  How often do you use it and what results did you see.  thankful for your comments.

I use my roller every two weeks. The best results I have seen are the horizontal forehead lines gone now...I mean GONE. Also, my chin was getting really wrinkly and textured weirdly and that's pretty much gone, too. The 'smokers' lines around my lips are considerably softened though still there.Woman Tongue The lip lines are something my scleroderma gave me and it's extremely difficult to make go away but they look a whole lot better than before I started rolling years ago. I had some light under eye bags that have tightened up since I rolled that part as well. I never had crows feet so nothing to report there. I think for the most part my entire face is just better looking and imo I have managed to slow down the aging process considerably by using the roller and tretinoin, not together of course, but in tandem to each other. @Happiness Is Inside JOB

Valued Contributor

I have used Clinique for almost 40 years. I've been told I look younger than I am. If ain't broke, why fix it! (I know there are people out there who don't use it because it is tested on animals. Sorry - I won't give it up!!)

Respected Contributor

I’ve used Differin cream and some vitamin C product for as long as I can remember(currently Timeless). I get many compliments on my skin, never use foundation. Plus sunscreen of course. 

Honored Contributor

I’ve used prescription strength Retin A and SPF 30 or higher for about 35 yrs. I see very few wrinkles and my skin  looks/feels more firm around my jaw line & neck. There is also very little hyper pigmentation and age spots.

Esteemed Contributor

@mistriTsquirrelwrote:

Omega-3 fish oil supplements (500 mg or more).  I know you were probably referring to topical products, but if you want to know what has made the biggest difference in my skin, that is it.

I had really bad dry patches on my face and it made makeup application difficult.  Every time I would put on makeup, it didn't look very good.  Now that I take the Omega-3 fish oil, the topical products I use are able to do the rest of the job (for the most part).

As far as topical products go, I would say glycolic acid products have helped my skin the most.  My skin is much smoother than it once was, and I can apply makeup now and have it look decent.

I would love to hear what omega 3 fish oil you use, how often do you take a capsulethankful for your comments.

Hi, @Happiness Is Inside JOB!!  I started out taking a multivitamin that has 500 mg of fish oil in it once a day, and I really like it (despite the fishy taste).  It is by Carlson, and it's the Women's Omega Multi.  The problem is that I ordered from Lucky Vitamin, but it was backordered for so long that they canceled the order.  And Vitacost didn't have it for awhile either.  Not sure if they have it now.

I wound up purchasing a different multi and adding the Women's Health Omega-3 fish oil + D packets, made by a company called Coromega.  They are packets of a paste that is fruit flavored.  You can squirt it directly into your mouth or add it to a smoothie or yogurt or whatever.  They are pleasant tasting, not fishy.  They also have packets that don't have vitamin D added, if you don't want the vitamin D for some reason.  I take one packet every other day, as they have 2000 mg of fish oil, which is quite a bit. 

Hope that helps.  Smiley Happy

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the responses. I love to know what is working for others. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'll be 70 in a few weeks, so after years of trying the latest and greatest products, I've learned that sometimes simplicity works pretty good, plus I have good genes. The two products I won't be without are Dr. Denese Firming Facial pads at night and Gold Bond Firming Neck cream during the day. I also won't use anything but Cetaphil cleansing lotion followed by the Firming Facial pads and then any good night moisturizer from your local drug store. A good serum, Gold Bond, and moisturizer for the day and I'm good to go. I've learned to keep it simple, be consistent and no need to spend a lot of $$ unless you want to. Nothing is magic.

Honored Contributor

I can’t use a lot of products due to rosacea but I do take collagen and hylauronic acid supplements. I drink lots of water and stay out of the sun.