Honored Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Skincare Product

[ Edited ]

Isomers argireline 20% serum... I have been using it on my face for well  over 10 years daily... I always buy the 8 oz size when she has it available on Evine Live and keep two 8 ounce bottles as back stock always.  I really feel this has worked as well as botox mwith out the obvious signs of botox use.....  I have no 11 lines, no forehead lines... no eye wrinkles at age 62.  I use it also on my neck and just have a very faint ring but other than that, my neck looks really good for my age.  Better then many younger gals.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1The CeraVe foaming cleanser does sometimes leave behind a little mascara. I've had to wash my eye area twice before, but usually don't. I find that my facial skin gets as clean as I need it to. I think that those who wear serious makeup would probably do well to use the double cleanse method, using a cleansing oil first.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelainwrote:

@AngelPuppy1The CeraVe foaming cleanser does sometimes leave behind a little mascara. I've had to wash my eye area twice before, but usually don't. I find that my facial skin gets as clean as I need it to. I think that those who wear serious makeup would probably do well to use the double cleanse method, using a cleansing oil first.

@Porcelain

Thanks for replying!  When I do use eye makeup, I always use a special remover for this. I am mostly concerned with how it removes facial makeup, etc.  I use those make-up remover cloths or the micellar water first and then use a lotion cleanser.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Now that's a tricky question.

So many products come to mind -- but then there's good food, water and sleep!

I'll have to go with my Konjac sponge.  It makes me look forward to washing my face.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaidenwrote:

Isomers argireline 20% serum... I have been using it on my face for well  over 10 years daily... I always buy the 8 oz size when she has it available on Evine Live and keep two 8 ounce bottles as back stock always.  I really feel this has worked as well as botox mwith out the obvious signs of botox use.....  I have no 11 lines, no forehead lines... no eye wrinkles at age 62.  I use it also on my neck and just have a very faint ring but other than that, my neck looks really good for my age.  Better then many younger gals.

@SeaMaiden, what is the name of the Isomers 20% argireline serum?  I can’t find it.  I’m thinking this might help my forehead lines.

Honored Contributor

I would say that my Marula oil and Argan oil have made the biggest difference.  Why?  Because I do not have additonal wrinkles/lines on my forehead since using.  I don't have any pronounced wrinkles on my face except when I smile.  I purchase Acure Organics oils for their quality and price.  Cat Very Happy   As far as moisturizer, I like the renewed hope in a jar by philosophy.  It asborbs quickly but it's not a product I purchase frequently.  I love my No. 7 Beautiful Skin moisturizer with SPF that I purchase at Target.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@ Montanawrote:

@SeaMaidenwrote:

@SeaMaiden, what is the name of the Isomers 20% argireline serum?  I can’t find it.  I’m thinking this might help my forehead lines.

@ Montana  It is not always available... but if Evine does not have it in stock.. you can buy many things direct from Isomers out of Canada http://isomers.ca/.  But, I do not see it there either right now.  Check ebay too.  I would also check everytime Manuella is visiting on Evine to see if she has any instock.

Super Contributor

I swear by two skin care products - Differin gel (available OTC now) every night and Elta MD tinted sunscreen SPF 41 every morning. I love all the other "lotions and potions" too but these two things consistently have produced the best results for me!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaidenwrote:

@ Montanawrote:

@SeaMaidenwrote:

@ Montana  It is not always available... but if Evine does not have it in stock.. you can buy many things direct from Isomers out of Canada http://isomers.ca/.  But, I do not see it there either right now.  Check ebay too.  I would also check everytime Manuella is visiting on Evine to see if she has any instock.

Is the product "Acetyl Hexapeptide-8: 15% Argireline Concentrate" ?  If so, I see it available on Evine's website, and also on Isomers official website. Evine is stating it is "almost gone."  Evine's price is $40, and the Isomers site price is $45.  I didn't see an Argireline product with 20% - just the 15% one.

(Isomers website also has "Wrinkle Viper for Expression Lines," which has Argireline as one of the ingredients, but that's probably not the product to which you are referring.)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Valued Contributor

I must admit, I’m a bit of a skincare & make up junkie. I was blessed with good genes from my Mum however, she always taught me the importance of good skin care & hugeine. Currently I’m using Dr. Denise products & am very please with the line. I’m in my late 50’s and have slight wrinkles beginning. So the ingredients in her products work amazingly. Plus, much more cost effective than some other lines I’ve tried. 

For my body~ I try to remember to dry brush before my shower. I have used Philosophy for years now & enjoy it very much. Goats Milk Soap is also great, just try and find a good liquid brand. I can’t stand the iciness from bar soap. Even if elevated on a soap dish. 

As far as body skin care goes; I swim in a salt water therapy pool 3 x week. That alone moistens my skin. Then I use the First Aid Cream or, Johnson’s baby oil/lotion. Keeps my skin soft!

Most importantly, drink LOTS of water! It’s vital to good skin & many other issues!