Regular Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Drugstore Mascara?

I currently love Almay's Get Up and Grow mascara in the waterproof version which does keep the curl in my eyelashes. It makes my lashes look lush plus they still look nice at the end of the day unlike what happens with other mascaras.

The other day I received a Time for Me catalog which featured a PermaCurl Kit for eyelashes. The description says:

Eye-opening lash curl lasts all day

Transform fine, limp eyelashes into long-lasting curl with the PermaCurl Kit. The unique gel formula and stainless steel eyelash curler act like a perm for your lashes, locking in curl and shine without weighing down your lashes. Won't flake or dry out lashes. Can be used with or without mascara.

I wonder if anyone here has tried it.

Valued Contributor

Thank you, ladies !! I am loving reading all of these recommendations. Future--I remember now that I've tried the Full&Soft and I really liked it. I will put it on my list again. Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

On 10/21/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Hi glmama!

I don't wear mascara anymore due to that bad stye, but my fave by far was Cover Girl Lash Blast 24 Hour.

It stayed from the time I put it on, until I removed it. Full, fluffy lashes with no smear.

Thank u, Honny.Smiley Happy Will you be able to wear mascara again soon?.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a favorite, I used to like Covergirl NatureLuxe mascara (in the light apple green tube) but that's been discontinued.

Super Contributor

I'm liking the Clump Crusher-I think it's Cover Girl brand.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/21/2014 KatCat1 said:

I am currently using almay's mascara that is colored according to your eye color. Since my eyes are green, my mascara is brown. I like it because it does not clump and gives me length and it's easy to remove and never irritates the eye area. I also like Maybelline Lash Discovery because it gives great length. One more favorite is Aveda's Mosscara because it gives length and conditions lashes.

ITA with the Almay recommendation! It's called Almay Intense I-color mascara and I purchased it on a tip from this board (probably from KatCat1). Does not clump and lengthens beautifully. I have the plum and the midnight colors and will be going back for the sapphire.

Price is great -- $5.39 at Target!

Valued Contributor

On 10/22/2014 vaccinia said:

I am currently using almay's mascara that is colored according to your eye color. Since my eyes are green, my mascara is brown. I like it because it does not clump and gives me length and it's easy to remove and never irritates the eye area. I also like Maybelline Lash Discovery because it gives great length. One more favorite is Aveda's Mosscara because it gives length and conditions lashes.

ITA with the Almay recommendation! It's called Almay Intense I-color mascara and I purchased it on a tip from this board (probably from KatCat1). Does not clump and lengthens beautifully. I have the plum and the midnight colors and will be going back for the sapphire.

Looks like that's a few votes for the Almay. I'll definitely be checking this one out today. Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

On 10/22/2014 glmama said:
On 10/22/2014 vaccinia said:

Looks like that's a few votes for the Almay. I'll definitely be checking this one out today. Smiley Happy

Hope you like it as much as I do! Either way, at least you're not out much money!

Valued Contributor

Vaccinia--Yes, that's the great part--inexpensive! Smiley Happy Now, if I could find a BOGO sale or other great deal I'd be a Happy Beauty!Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

On 10/22/2014 glmama said: Vaccinia--Yes, that's the great part--inexpensive! Smiley Happy Now, if I could find a BOGO sale or other great deal I'd be a Happy Beauty!Smiley Happy

I had a $4 off coupon when I first tried it, so definitely check your Sunday paper!