Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Drugstore Mascara?

Maybelline Waterproof mascara!!! I've said it before and I'll say it......once again.

It is the best. I use Clinique Creamy Eye Makeup Remover (that's what gets it off). During the summer water pours from my face (my mascara has never run, never).

When my husband died, I could be anywhere and start crying, yet no one ever knew it because it did not run. I'd wipe the tears under my eyes and keep going.

They've changed the package wrapping (I wish they wouldn't) but hopefully they'll continue to make Maybelline Waterproof mascara for years to come.

Incidentally, I'm soon 68 years old. I was a teen in the 60's. We had those eyelashes (coated with mascara) that looked like spiders people make fun of (that was the style).

I get compliments on my eyes now ("they are so wide open and look so pretty). They're just normal lashes, not a big deal. I'm not beautiful, just normal. But I swear by Maybelline.

No, I don't work for them. Phew! Now I'm worked up. I'll go over to TV where I usually stay and am very happy over there with my buddies.

Super Contributor

Cover girl Lash Exact - fuchsia tube- no clumping,no smearing, no flaking, gives volume and lenght with a medium brush that gets at the base of the lashes- perfect! My HG mascara Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thanks again, everyone.Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

On 10/23/2014 KatShops said:

Old school Maybelline Great Lash. I always have a fresh tube ready to go for when I don't have benefit on hand.

Green and pink tubes that are sometimes sold in double packs...Waterproof too (good for sad shows).

Valued Contributor

Thanks again, ladies, ical, etc.-- Live the recs.Smiley Happy and it seems like the Maybelline one pops up quite a bit.Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone else remember the Helena Rubenstein mascara with the metal wand? You could buy refills. I loved that brand - it made my eyelashes look the best of anything I have ever used. Used a ton of it in high school and college. It was available in Europe for awhile, but I think not anymore.