Respected Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Drugstore Lotion?

NIVEA or Neutrogena Light Sesame formula

Honored Contributor

For the backs of my upper arms I use AmLactin.  It's the only thing that gets rid of my chicken skin.

For the rest of my body, Suave Advanced Therapy.

Trusted Contributor

I like Nivea too,but some of the scents aren't that great. Same with Gold Bond my mom keeps buying and dumping on me, due to the scent. Why do so many drugstore lotions and hair products stink? I remember in the 70's and 80's they smelled great! As a kid we'd sneak taking a wiff in the store aisles when you weren't supposed to open bottles! Ha ha! Now most are strong perfume or tart fruit candy scents.yuck.

Respected Contributor

Aveeno Daily Body Moisturizer

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I liked the Eucerin for extremely dry skin, but it has been redone without a fragrance,  boring  I like a little scent

Otherwise Nivea 

Honored Contributor

Thanks everybody.  I ended up with Jergens Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Moisturizer, mainly because Shea Butter is the 2nd ingredient on the ingredient deck.  It has a very light, nice scent.  When things get really dry and when I go out to very dry MT for my annual ski trip, I'll also layer Palmer's Cocoa Butter Moisturizing Body Oil on damp skin (which also smells very yummy) underneath my body lotion.  Someone mentioned the St Ives product their husband loved.  That used to be my mainstay, but the stores I visit no longer carry the shea butter product they make/made, maybe it's been discontinued.  It had a very nice scent too.

I also picked up my mainstay St. Ives oatmeal and shea butter body wash.  I got duped into the Dove Dry Oil Moisture body wash, but didn't like it at all.  It was very heavily fragraced and had very little lather.  So, I'll move that up to the guest shower that I use when I color my hair.  

Respected Contributor

OGX  sea salt thingy I liked suave argan oil but i can not find it anywhere

Regular Contributor

CeraVe cream, which I buy with the pump dispenser attached, or if my skin is really dry, the Eucerin original cream - very thick and has to be massaged in. 

Both work great for my eczema prone skin.

Contributor

I see you already purchased but I'll add my vote for the Cerave cream.  Just started using it and I love it.  I'm in the early stages of using Retin A and my face has been very dry and flaky.  I've been using this on my face and love it for that use as well.  Has helped my face a lot an has not caused any breakouts. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanM17 wrote:

I see you already purchased but I'll add my vote for the Cerave cream.  Just started using it and I love it.  I'm in the early stages of using Retin A and my face has been very dry and flaky.  I've been using this on my face and love it for that use as well.  Has helped my face a lot an has not caused any breakouts. 

That's ok.  I'll keep it in mind for the future (unless I just happen to fall in love with this one, which would be rare).  I like trying new things.  I know Cerave is a favorite of dermatologists.