Esteemed Contributor

In the last several months, I've collected several brow things: pencils, waxes/shadows, stains....and still not completely satisfied.

Then the Anastasia Dipbrow w/ the right size mascara wand. Finally, for me, this looks completely natural. Works beautifully as long as there are brow hairs to color. But I realize I don't have to stain my skin so much.

What do you use for your perfect brow enhancer?

Regular Contributor

I use IT Brow Powder  and it lasts all day long..

Love the universal color...and the eyebrow brush..

And i have tried almost every kind too...

Esteemed Contributor

Honestly, I've given up.  My aging brows have taken on a life of their own - bald spaces, brow hairs that grow 3/4-inch overnight, gray hairs that grow in the wrong direction....  After trying several products over 2 years, I've gone back to Cover Girl brow pencil in taupe.  Oh, and wear very thick plastic framed eyeglasses to hide my brows.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

In the last several months, I've collected several brow things: pencils, waxes/shadows, stains....and still not completely satisfied.

Then the Anastasia Dipbrow w/ the right size mascara wand. Finally, for me, this looks completely natural. Works beautifully as long as there are brow hairs to color. But I realize I don't have to stain my skin so much.

What do you use for your perfect brow enhancer?

@Harpa   For me, the most natural look is using eye shadow. If my moisturizer, SPF is applied first and also goes over the brows, the shadow adheres to that in a natural way. I use Bobbi Brown’s Light Brow Kit (2 shadows to mix), but most eye shadow palettes have a taupe/brown shade that will work perfectly. Drugstores also have dual shadow brow palettes.

Honored Contributor

Over plucking in my teens, I get the best result with Mally Visable Brows (taupe), and a touch Of Joan Rivers Great Brow Day (powder)  at the beginning (which, surprisingly is on line at Soft Surroundings!).

Image result for mally visable brow

Valued Contributor

@Harpa 

Good morning I have tried different pencils and brow gels and pomades over  the years and while they were good I was never wowed by any of them to stick with a particular one after I finished it  until now . I recently tried the brand Kimiko beauty automatic eyebrow pencil . I must say it is fantastic . I have very dark brown( almost black ) with silver on the sides and crown . Many browns can turn red and blacks can be too harsh .I have the shade Black Tea which according to their description is soft grey-black for the darkest hair or salt and pepper . It is exactly that . It is expensive at $29 ( it has a spooly brush at the end ) but for me worht it . I will soon be 56 and have pared down by beauty routine to a few key pieces that work . I feel brows are really important especially as we get older 

have a wonderful day

Esteemed Contributor

@Harpa I have tried a bunch of different things.  I have good eyebrows near my nose that disappear at the end. I prefer the look from powder with a good eyebrow brush and gel on top to keep the look.

IT Cosmetics Brow Power Powder & Brow Power Duo

Trusted Contributor

@Bettyanne wrote:

I use IT Brow Powder  and it lasts all day long..

Love the universal color...and the eyebrow brush..

And i have tried almost every kind too...

Do you use the universal auto perfector 5 in 1 powder gel.  I used to use univeral taupe and you used to get two pencils in a slim case.  I don't see that any more.

?

Respected Contributor

I have very thick dark brows with some grays in it and I have been using NYX tinted brow mascara. Covers the grays and quick to use. I have tried in the past pencils didn't like, brow shadow and anastasia it was a kit with 2 shades you put on with a brush and didn't like that either. Glad I found NYX!

Valued Contributor

I have tried several different brands over the past few years and always go back to IT Universal Brow Power in Taupe. I'm a fair skinned red head with blonde eyebrows and the Brow Power creates the best color for my skin tone. Also, it's the easiest to apply: the pencil isn't too skinny, nor does it deposit too much product at once.