Trusted Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Beauty Product(s) and Explain Why

@Porcelain wrote:

NeoGenesis Intensive Moisturizer It contains adult human stem cell exosomes as opposed to the cells themselves. It has limited growth factors as well as signal chemicals to trigger the destruction of malformed cells. It's like the next step up from peptides. I'm seeing really nice results. I will try the basic serum soon. And if I get into dermarolling again I will use the Recovery serum after rolling. This brand is designed by scentists and scientific papers are available on their website.

The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (HPR) 5% This is the only strong retinoid I've tried that doesn't have bad side effects on me. I'm one of those who never stopped peeling with Retin A, so I can't use it.

Skinn Lip 6X Original Serum Makes my lips look so nice. Nothing else is as good, and I've tried plenty.

Isomers MesmerEyez Eye Serum Has almost completely gotten rid of my hereditary under eye circles. My eye area is so much more firm with almost no crowsfeet.

My negative ion gadget(s) to help serums and creams penetrate. I have one for my face and a smaller one for my eyes and a spatula one for deep pore cleansing. (Got them on sale on Amazon Prime day.) Since I've been using this to make my products absorb, I've seen an actual lift. Gives me something useful to do when layering my skincare instead of sitting there waiting or fanning myself.

Hi. Can you tell me a little more about what you are seeing with the NeoGenesis Intensive Moisturizer? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tricolor  Hi, hope you are doing well.  You may want to try Rose moisturizer by Fresh.  It's suppose to be excellent for dry skin.  You can try out for $15 available at Nordstrom.  p.s.  check out their fragrances (they list all the notes) and I found two so far that are beautiful.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My favorites moisturizer is Eucerin CoQ10 - Fragrance Free.  I keep changing and trying to find something better --- and I can't!  It is - simple -- inexpensive --- and effective!  And most of all --- it does not cause any issues for my crazy skin!  

As for makeup --- I love Laura Geller B&B but I am not consistent about it.  I always have to have a supply of Cover Girl products, especially the Advanced Radiance line.  Cover Girl and I are old friends and I can't say bye-bye to her! 

For cleansing my skin, I have several products that I use --- I have facial wipes from CVS -- their brand - sensitive skin formula.  I use a micellar water --- Simple.  And then there is a gentle cream cleanser which never irritates my face.  

My favorite lip colors right now are Joah --- matte.  Not as drying -- inexpensive --- and real staying power.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Every skin care or makeup item I use is a favorite or I wouldn't be using it!  I own and use very few products.

What I won't live without --

Vitamin C serum every morning  (currently Amara Beauty)

Retinol cream every night  (Amara Beauty)

Gold Bond Neck and Chest

Mally's Neutralizing Primer (which I sometimes wear as my foundation)

Revlon Softsilver Red lipstick

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Tricolor  Hi, hope you are doing well.  You may want to try Rose moisturizer by Fresh.  It's suppose to be excellent for dry skin.  You can try out for $15 available at Nordstrom.  p.s.  check out their fragrances (they list all the notes) and I found two so far that are beautiful.

Thank you Kat for the suggestion. I did see this a few weeks ago but I am not a fan of rose scented products. I had a rose face mist from another company and could not wait to use it up. I am doing very well. We now have 3 grandchildren. They are so much fun. Hope that everything is going well for you. Send hugs to Ava. Hoping that you still have her.

Honored Contributor

@ElvisShops wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

NeoGenesis Intensive Moisturizer It contains adult human stem cell exosomes as opposed to the cells themselves. It has limited growth factors as well as signal chemicals to trigger the destruction of malformed cells. It's like the next step up from peptides. I'm seeing really nice results. I will try the basic serum soon. And if I get into dermarolling again I will use the Recovery serum after rolling. This brand is designed by scentists and scientific papers are available on their website.

The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (HPR) 5% This is the only strong retinoid I've tried that doesn't have bad side effects on me. I'm one of those who never stopped peeling with Retin A, so I can't use it.

Skinn Lip 6X Original Serum Makes my lips look so nice. Nothing else is as good, and I've tried plenty.

Isomers MesmerEyez Eye Serum Has almost completely gotten rid of my hereditary under eye circles. My eye area is so much more firm with almost no crowsfeet.

My negative ion gadget(s) to help serums and creams penetrate. I have one for my face and a smaller one for my eyes and a spatula one for deep pore cleansing. (Got them on sale on Amazon Prime day.) Since I've been using this to make my products absorb, I've seen an actual lift. Gives me something useful to do when layering my skincare instead of sitting there waiting or fanning myself.

Hi. Can you tell me a little more about what you are seeing with the NeoGenesis Intensive Moisturizer? Thanks.

@ElvisShops sure thing! It works great as a moisturizer. It's pretty light even though it calls itself intensive. And so far it has helped with redness and healing. (I also have the moisturizing spray, which I spray on first thing after washing my face.)

I had a little milia-type bump on my upper cheek. It was there for weeks. Finally I got rid of it with my ionic spatula thingy. But there was a tiny bit of trauma to doing it. Nothing awful, no bleeding, but a bit of mild trauma. Normally that could give me a mark that would take a good while to go away.

I put extra moisturizer on it and really infused it with the other ionic face thingy. The next day, the only evidence was a tiny red dot on the spot. Not a scab, a dot. And the day after that the red dot disappeared after I washed. Now it's like the bump never happened.

Like I said, I am prone to post-skin-trauma hyperpigmentation, which shows up very strongly against my skin. And I get the occasional clogged pore which can result in that. So short circuiting that response is great for me. I just want to give my skin everything it needs to be strong and resiliant. So whatever I can find that seems likely to do that, really interests me.

There are only two problems I see with this NeoGenesis line. A, it is not sold very many places even online. And B, it is expensive.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Retin-A and sunscreen because those address the signs of aging skin and have been proven scientifically to do so. Everything else is hydration and nothing more.

@SilleeMee ...I know you said many times you use Retin A,  would you please tell me where you buy from...thanks !!. 

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Retin-A and sunscreen because those address the signs of aging skin and have been proven scientifically to do so. Everything else is hydration and nothing more.

@SilleeMee ...I know you said many times you use Retin A,  would you please tell me where you buy from...thanks !!. 

@Dazlin 

I buy Retino A (tretinoin .05% cream) from AllDayChemist....about $6 a tube, no Rx needed.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Dazlin wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Dazlin 

I buy Retino A (tretinoin .05% cream) from AllDayChemist....about $6 a tube, no Rx needed.

@SilleeMee ...thank you so much!!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee ...I just checked the site you mentioned.   Seems this retino A is more for acne prone skin and can be very drying.  I dont have acne, or oily skin...my skin is normal, and no break outs, but I'm afraid of anything too drying.  Thanks for your suggestions though🙂