Trusted Contributor

Your Favorite Beauty Product(s) and Explain Why

Mine are:

Serious Skin Care - Reverse Lift Pads - this product has been great for me - it has really firmed my skin.

Kenra Volume Hair Spray - keeps my hair looking great even when it's very humid.

Ojon Volume Advanced Cream - makes my hair hold a style beautifully.  (This product is no longer available, but I still have about 3 tubes left.  A tiny bit of product goes a long way)

Honored Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Beauty Product(s) and Explain Why

Here are a few of my favorites:

Kylie blush in Pale Pink -- love this blush because it is perfect for fair to light skin and it stays on the skin a long time.

Acure Volume shampoo - Gives volume without sulfates.

Maracuja oil - firms facial skin and this oil has many uses.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Retin-A and sunscreen because those address the signs of aging skin and have been proven scientifically to do so. Everything else is hydration and nothing more.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Farmhouse Fresh One Fine Day Scrub is gentle but does a nice job of cleansing and exfoliating.

Jose Maran's Body Butter and Wen Ultra Moisturizing Body Cream works great for my dry skin.

Josie Maran's Argan Milk is a great base for hydration for me.

Guerlain Parure Gold Foundation gives me nice coverage and applies smoothly.

Farmacy Cleansing Balm removes makeup well and leaves a nice softness for my dry skin.

Davines The Spotlight CIrcle is a great hair mask that leaves behind beautiful shine.

Davines Solu Shampoo is a clarifying shampoo but works beautifully on dry color treated hair without drying it out or stripping the color.

Tom Ford Lip Sparks are pricey but oh I love the sparkle that they provide and the colors  wears beautifully.

Retin A and SPF are a must and I won't be without these.

Honored Contributor

Wen cleansing conditioner - I couldn't go a day without this product due to the volume/fullness/shine that it gives my hair.  No other product comes close.

Superstay Matte Ink (Maybelline) lip product - No other lipstick on the market says put like this one without drying out my lips. 

Genefique (Lancome) serum - Makes my face smooth as glass. 

Honored Contributor

NeoGenesis Intensive Moisturizer It contains adult human stem cell exosomes as opposed to the cells themselves. It has limited growth factors as well as signal chemicals to trigger the destruction of malformed cells. It's like the next step up from peptides. I'm seeing really nice results. I will try the basic serum soon. And if I get into dermarolling again I will use the Recovery serum after rolling. This brand is designed by scentists and scientific papers are available on their website.

The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (HPR) 5% This is the only strong retinoid I've tried that doesn't have bad side effects on me. I'm one of those who never stopped peeling with Retin A, so I can't use it.

Skinn Lip 6X Original Serum Makes my lips look so nice. Nothing else is as good, and I've tried plenty.

Isomers MesmerEyez Eye Serum Has almost completely gotten rid of my hereditary under eye circles. My eye area is so much more firm with almost no crowsfeet.

My negative ion gadget(s) to help serums and creams penetrate. I have one for my face and a smaller one for my eyes and a spatula one for deep pore cleansing. (Got them on sale on Amazon Prime day.) Since I've been using this to make my products absorb, I've seen an actual lift. Gives me something useful to do when layering my skincare instead of sitting there waiting or fanning myself.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain  I too have a terrible time with circles under my eyes, also hereditary.  I'm going to give the Isomers MesmerEyez Eye Serum a try.  Hope it works for me like it has for you!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

@Porcelain  I too have a terrible time with circles under my eyes, also hereditary.  I'm going to give the Isomers MesmerEyez Eye Serum a try.  Hope it works for me like it has for you!  Smiley Happy

Aren't those the worst! That serum is really good and quite strong. The ingredient deck is great. Lots of Haloxyl in it, which is one of the most effective ingredient blends for dark circles.

https://www.makingcosmetics.com/Palmitoyl-Peptide-Complex_p_33.html

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Of course, skincare always, but for beauty products, I'd say my concealer (NARS Radient Concealer) and either BB Pot Rouge in Powder Pink or my favorite lipcolor that I can also use for blush. I can do a quick full face w/ those 2 products.

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite beauty products are:

Sunscreens:

Clinique daily UV Protect SPF 50. It's a 30 ml yellow bottle that has a tinted watery sunscreen. I've been using this off and on for 2 years and I'm on my third bottle.

Shiseido Extra smooth sun protection lotion SPF 38 and SPF 50. I've been using both for close to a year. The SPF 38 is a discontinued sunscreen sold in the U.S. and I've found it at Marshalls and T.J. Maxx in the U.S. for $19.99 U.S. I've bought the Shiseido SPF 50 version in Canada at Winners (also part of the TJX corporation). The SPF 50 version sells for $48 CDN in Canada and $40 U.S. dollars in the U.S. I've noticed that Sephora has increased the price of this sunscreen with SPF 50 by 3 dollars CDN so it's now $51 CDN at Sephora.

Another favorite is Shiseido Sports SPF 50 tinted BB lotion in a 30 ml gray bottle. I mixed the light and medium shades to get a shade that I used this spring and summer. It took me 5 months to use up one bottle. I am using a second bottle and have a 3rd in my beauty stash. I use this most days instead of a foundation as it's lightweight and has a light coverage and doesn't cake up on my face. I also bought this at Winners in Canada for $14.99 CDN and $9.99 CDN. The regular price is $42 CDN at HBC, Shoppers Drug Mart or London Drugs in Canada.