Honored Contributor

Your Fav Highlighter that DOESN'T Have Glitter or Even Shimmer In It.

I'm 60 and don't have a problem with a finely milled glitter for othe parts of my body but not on my cheek bones.  Drug store or Sephora/Ulta

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Your Fav Highlighter that DOESN'T Have Glitter or Even Shimmer In It.

@monicakm wrote:

I'm 60 and don't have a problem with a finely milled glitter for othe parts of my body but not on my cheek bones.  Drug store or Sephora/Ulta

Thanks

@monicakm   Most highlighters do have too much glitter for our age group. I wear them so seldom, I'd never invest in one. I use a slightly pink or beige shimmer shadow from any palette. Better yet, on dryer cheeks, I use a bit of face oil, pale beige/pink creamy lipstick or clear lip gloss.

Placing it above blush high on cheek bones leaves so little room before you reach the danger zone of lines under the eyes and crows feet. I'd rather just stay away from this step. I get a little glow from a blush w/ a bit of shimmer...NARS Orgasm in stick called The Multiples. 

Esteemed Contributor

A few I really like sounds like what you are looking for:

Ambient palette Vol. 2 from Hourglass

It -- from their contour face palette

and

It -- from their beauty book palette, also Vol. 2

(The It Vol. 2 is a cream, so I apply this under Bye-Bye Pores. Powder highlight I apply on top.)

I know this is not about highlight placement...but I do the old Hollywood makeup artists highlighting, where they applied on the fullest part of the cheeks on the cheekbone, which is more central to the face. I really dislike highlighter high on the sides of the face/eyes.

Respected Contributor

It Cosmetics Hello Light Creme Illuminator. I Just use a small amount under my blush to give it a glow in the evening.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm 

I'm not sure what Sephora or Ulta sell but...

HANDS DOWN...Laura Geller French Vanilla Highlighter!

Take a look at A232299

It is currently sold out in this pack-up but take a look at the high amount of good reviews and watch the video.

IMHO, no glitter, shimmer or sparkle.  I have quite a few different brands of highlighters and this is by far the most matte.

I wear it every day, on many different areas of my face and even use it as eye shadow.

The brush shown is fantastic too and worth every penny.

It may be available at your stores, in other config. here on Q or her website.

I think it is worth the hunt and/or wait.

PS...I don't put an age to any cosmetics!  I think you can be 106 and wear a bit of sparkle or glam if you want to!  LOL

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  I'm going to 2nd @RespectLife  and cast my vote for Laura Geller's French Vanilla. It's not at Sephora or drugstores, and it may seem a little pricey...but, trust me, that little compact will last you a very long time. I don't see any shimmer or sparkle in it, myself, just a very pretty low-glow effect.

I'm 65, and it just makes me look refreshed and more "awake". I prefer to use my fingers, and put a little at the top of my cheekbones (before blush), a bit down my nose, on my chin and on my forehead, as well as under my eyebrows. I also use it sometimes as a lid-brightening eyeshadow.

The trick is to use just a little and blend it out--you can always apply more if you feel you need to. 

Contributor

My fav is Bare Minerals pure radiance in the loose powder, I also the clear radiance as well but don't know if they carry that anymore.  But pure radiance is wonderful!

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 I agree, I use it sparingly and it works well,

I'm 68.

Honored Contributor

@monicakmI recently purchased IT Cosmetics Perfect Lighting Radiant Touch Magic Wand.  I love it.  I've tried several products in the past including Touche Eclat, and I like this one much more, to me it is more of a subtle highlighter.  I got it at Ulta.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

EFA7A8D8-52BC-477E-AB71-7DBA1C260A79.jpeg

This is what I recommend. It has no glitter and is perfect for everyday. Look at the price! I own this and if you’re wanting to  streak on your cheek bones, then try this. Some CVS drugstores carry the brand ESSENCE and Ulta for sure has this brand.