Honored Contributor

FYI - It's not only about makeup, other options in the marketplace, or the method in which someone earns a living.  The Younique company (Younique Foundation) spends several million dollars a year to help women and children who have been victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse.

Honored Contributor

Re: Younique Mascara

[ Edited ]

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

FYI - It's not only about makeup, other options in the marketplace, or the method in which someone earns a living.  The Younique company (Younique Foundation) spends several million dollars a year to help women and children who have been victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse.

And they brainwash and manipulate and exploit loads of stay at home moms to do it. Like any other MLM. Most MLMs give money to charities and the story is used to help justify the exploitation.

It's okay if people want to spend money with MLM victim "presenters" and "models" to help subsidy their financial mistake, particularly if they are family members. But it's best to be clear eyed about what is happening.

Without people propping up the MLM victims, they will go into massive debt. Most fall into debt anyway. I see it as sort of like covering for an addict. It goes against my personal code to contribute to companies that operate in such an unethical manner.

The info about this is out there. It just requires the willingness to look at it.

@Porcelain  Am I understanding you correctly, that I'm the one who is, to use your analogy, "covering for an addict" ?  

Respected Contributor

I tried a couple of the shadows to test the quality and fell in love with them! Very nicely pigmented, apply easily and last.  I bought the presenter's kit (with no intention of selling - I just wanted the great products). I really like a lot of the products, but I wouldn't try the fiber mascara because of my contacts.  But the eye shadow base is beyond amazing!  If you go to sleep with your shadow on, it will firmly be in place when you wake up.

Valued Contributor

Tried it. Didn't like it. Too many fibers 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

And they brainwash and manipulate and exploit loads of stay at home moms to do it. Like any other MLM. Most MLMs give money to charities and the story is used to help justify the exploitation.

It's okay if people want to spend money with MLM victim "presenters" and "models" to help subsidy their financial mistake, particularly if they are family members. But it's best to be clear eyed about what is happening.

Without people propping up the MLM victims, they will go into massive debt. Most fall into debt anyway. I see it as sort of like covering for an addict. It goes against my personal code to contribute to companies that operate in such an unethical manner.

The info about this is out there. It just requires the willingness to look at it.

@Porcelain  Am I understanding you correctly, that I'm the one who is, to use your analogy, "covering for an addict" ?  

I had to go back and dig to find this post. But it's been bugging me to know that I hurt another poster with my words.

@JeanLouiseFinch I apologize for being so harsh in my response to you and hurting your feelings for no good reason. I should not have engaged with you about this at all because it was none of my business. I allowed my negative feelings about MLMs to unacceptably affect the way I responded to you and that is not okay. I understand if you can't forgive what I said, but I wanted to offer an apology anyway.

I'm deleting the related posts because in hindsight, I would not have posted them. And going forward I am going to wait a while before using the @ option when I notice I'm feeling unusually self righteous. I will certainly avoid using it in an unsupportive way with you @JeanLouiseFinch in the future. All the best.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

you are a class act @Porcelain .  it takes a good person to make the apology you just did.  👍

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I had to go back and dig to find this post. But it's been bugging me to know that I hurt another poster with my words.

@JeanLouiseFinch I apologize for being so harsh in my response to you and hurting your feelings for no good reason. I should not have engaged with you about this at all because it was none of my business. I allowed my negative feelings about MLMs to unacceptably affect the way I responded to you and that is not okay. I understand if you can't forgive what I said, but I wanted to offer an apology anyway.

I'm deleting the related posts because in hindsight, I would not have posted them. And going forward I am going to wait a while before using the @ option when I notice I'm feeling unusually self righteous. I will certainly avoid using it in an unsupportive way with you @JeanLouiseFinch in the future. All the best.

Thank you, @Porcelain.  Since I know a Younique presenter and I know her moral compass, I was actually more insulted than hurt, but I appreciate your comments just the same.  Let's just move on.

Honored Contributor

Re: Younique Mascara

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Thank you, @Porcelain.  Since I know a Younique presenter and I know her moral compass, I was actually more insulted than hurt, but I appreciate your comments just the same.  Let's just move on.

Then I also apologize for insulting you. Thank you for reading. Heart