Trusted Contributor

Young People with Aging SKin

I cannot help but notice that there are young people who have these lines and uneven texture when they don't have to! I am a skincare junkie and I know that if they just took two mintues everyday and night to take care of their skin, they would look so much better. If they are happy with the way things are, then I am happy I guess.  Do you find yourself being "critical" of people?

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Respected Contributor

Re: Young People with Aging SKin

I have seen those young people also.  I feel sorry for them that they are not taking care of their skin and using sunscreen.  

Honored Contributor

Taking care of ones's skin is just not as much of a priority to some as it is to others. My mother raised me to take care of my skin, and I have all of my life. I have girlfriends younger than I who look older because of their lack of attention to skincare, but they have other priorities, and that's okay. A woman's true beauty comes from the inside, anyway.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Having acne was a blessing in disguise for me. It really made me take care of my skin and become familiar with what is on the market. I know Dr. Perricone and Ole Henriksen were inspired to go into skincare partially because they dealt with acne.
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Trusted Contributor

I try not to be critical of something like that.  People have different priorities and you don't always know their financial and health situation.

I am sure that there would be plenty of people who would be critical of me for all the attention I give to skin care. 

There is a young woman where I work who has the most beautiful skin I have ever seen.  I natural redhead who protects her skin from the sun.  I did complement her on her skin and gave her kudos for taking such good care of it.

Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

I think the saddest sight is when you can see the wrinkles coming in around the mouth during the mid 20s because a person is a smoker. I worked with a very pretty girl who facial skin was going down that very path.

Honored Contributor

Dental work can change the look of a person's face..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Your genes have a lot to do with how you age too. If your parents do not look their age, chances are you won't either as you get older.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I've seen young people with forehead lines and those are probably genetic but sun damage, partying hardy and smoking sure can age someone quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

Around here alot of girls use tanning beds....I see skin damage from that