Respected Contributor

Re: You know you're getting old when...

@sonechko wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Jtdmum.  People who own and have used it, love it.  So if you can afford it, why not?  We all buy things others might consider foolish.  At least its utilitarian unlike an expensive piece of jewelry.

Totally agree with you @Kachina624.  And it is not really about maybe considering $500 Blow Dryer to be "unpractical" or "way too much money to spend on hair". 

These are legitimate reasons, and can be settled in our mind using this simple formula - Too Much Money/Unpractical = Don't Buy. 

But getting so upset that such "expensive thing" is even offered for sale, for those who may be interested, that's funny! 

Maybe OP @Jtdmum made a little point here - "You know you're getting old when..." Lol!

Because when we are young - we want everything! Regardless if it's not practical Especially very expensive things! Even if we can't afford them ...... we just want! Woman Happy

I know, as I get older, I want less and less. Woman Happy

I find I am the opposite....the last few yrs I am spending more and WANT more! LOL  Since I lived without alot of things for so long...going into my 50's I thought "if not now...then WHEN?" and decided my 50's was the time to do (fill in the blank) so I got invisalign and bought some jewelry items I always wanted...bought new winter coats (never would do that usually wore same one for YEARS) and on the list goes.

I just figure I better do it NOW cause getting older I will either be to old to enjoy it or to ill to enjoy any of it.  So today NOW is the time....want to travel some soon...trying to get my health where it needs to be to do it....more strength and energy.  

Oh back to the hair dryer....I tried one when it was 1st offered at XMas time.  I hated it LOL...made my frizzy curly hair more difficult to smooth...to much forceful air flow.  Just didn't work for me so back it went.

Regular Contributor

...although I've worn eye glasses since I was 10 or 11 years old, I can no longer see well enough without them to use a liquid eyeliner, even with a magnifying mirror.  

Trusted Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

You laugh when you see a $500 blow dryer. 

Half a thousand dollars to dry my hair.  Hm..

I agree, depending on wher you LIVE, you can go on a week cruise for 500.00

I know I have seen real CHEAP cruises.

I'll take the cruise experience anyday!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

DH and I got a good laugh yesterday when he showed me online the slippers he "wants" from Santa (ha ha) Only $995 and from Gucci of course.I told him that seemed a tad high for slippers but what do I know (not much but enough to know not to buy slippers for $995). Two hair dryers or a pair of slippers.....hmmmmmm

Image result for Princetown leather slipper

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

DH and I got a good laugh yesterday when he showed me online the slippers he "wants" from Santa (ha ha) Only $995 and from Gucci of course.I told him that seemed a tad high for slippers but what do I know (not much but enough to know not to buy slippers for $995). Two hair dryers or a pair of slippers.....hmmmmmm

Image result for Princetown leather slipper

@silkyk

Are they lined with cocker spaniel?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Jtdmum wrote:

You laugh when you see a $500 blow dryer. 

Half a thousand dollars to dry my hair.  Hm..

@Jtdmum  Yes, the dryer is expensive for some to purchase, however I have no idea what that has to do with knowing you’re getting old.

I agree with @Shanus - I don't see why you (or anyone) would think you're getting old if you (or anyone) considers a product too expensive to purchase. 

Super Contributor

No way lol. Never.