Regular Contributor

Re: You know those butterfly hair clips like the hairdresser uses?....

How do you post pictures on here? Can you do it from an iPhone?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dreamchaser wrote:
How do you post pictures on here? Can you do it from an iPhone?

When you go to post a comment, look up at the top of the posting box and there you will see some icons. Click on the square box (third from the right) and a window will open. While this window is open, drag and drop your image from your device to "choose file" shown in the window. After your image is uploaded then hit "insert image" and your picture should appear ready to post.

I do this with my desk top. Not sure about your iPhone. @Dreamchaser Hope it works for you.Woman Happy

Regular Contributor

Oh I don't get those icons on my phone. I guess I can't post pictures. Thank you SilleeMee.
Esteemed Contributor

I use these in my hair:

Image result for scunci no slip clips

They aren't fancy, but they're not ugly like the ones hairdressers use either.  This particular clip is a bit large and may not work for fine hair (not sure), but Scunci has other no-slip clips that have silicone on the inside to keep them from falling out of your hair.  I'm sure they have something that would work for fine hair.  

I've seen Scunci products at Wal-Mart and Rite-Aid and I'm sure they are at a bunch of other stores as well.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Regular Contributor

Mistri - something in that color would be fine. As a matter of fact, that type of color is exactly what I'm looking for. The Walmart ones that were posted earlier are beautiful and if I found some and they looked like they would hold my hair, I would probably try them out but I wasn't necessarily looking for something fancy.

I believe you're right that that particular one that you posted would most likely not work for my fine hair. If I could find some no slip clips that would hold my hair, I would definitely get them. But I am always looking at target, Walmart, CVS, Sally's Beauty Supply. Any place I can think of to look at them and I have never found any thing I can use. Sometimes I purchase different ones but they always end up not working out.

I really don't understand why scunci or somebody doesn't just make a plain type of clip, such as the color you posted with the same jaw type of butter fly clip that grips the same exact way the hairdresser ones do. It seems like a no-brainer to me.

I have been looking for years. I have also tried Google searching, Amazon and Etsy. If they're out there, I sure have not been able to locate them, that's for sure.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 Wow! Those are some very pretty clips! The scrunchies are beautiful too. They look like a work of art.

Esteemed Contributor

@Dreamchaser  The clip I posted is made for thick hair, which I do not have, but it still works for me.  However, I do twist my hair into a sort of bun before I clip it.

Anyway, I would encourage you to try a clip with the silicone inside, because they hold better than you would probably think.  And there are different sizes, so you can get one that is designed to hold less (or finer) hair.  

I'm not sure when I started using these things, but they have been a staple for me ever since I found them.  Many of the clips I tried before them did not work, because they wouldn't stay put or my hair would slip out of them.  When I shop for hair accessories now, I tend to bypass anything that doesn't have silicone inside, because the silicone is what keeps it in place.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Regular Contributor

Thanks mistri. I will definitely check it out.
Regular Contributor

IMG_0623.JPGWish  I could pull this look off in public like Kate does. 

Regular Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I know they have colored ones and decorated ones.  Amazon might have them.  I have a friend who has hair almost down to her butt and she uses them, I know she has some pretty ones.

Can you please ask your friend where she got them?