Respected Contributor

Re: You know that damaged box of Beekman products delivered to me?

@SahmIamSorry to hear about the trouble you're having with them.  I wonder if your box was tampered with?  I had a box of Beekman goodies (several different sets in the same package) from Evine that was delivered today and I was initially worried after I read your post about the condition of your box.  Each of my items (a set of 4 soaps, a set of cuticle creams, the ylang ylang set, etc) was packaged in a separate box or envelope inside of the big box as they've been in the past.  I've never had items from different sets

just randomly put in the same box.  That would also explain their need for documentation, in case they need to dispute it with UPS or the post office.  

But even so, they should give you the benefit of the doubt and treat you as the valued customer that you are.  A couple of years ago, I ordered a couple of Raybans from Hautelook for Christmas gifts.  When I received the box, someone had opened the interior Rayban boxes and removed the actual sunglasses, so all that I received were the outer boxes, cases and cleaning cloths.  I called Hautelook and they immediately credited my account for the entire amount and gave me a $10 credit for a future purchase.  I really appreciated their response.  

Honored Contributor

Wow😲. This thread is eye opening! I have ordered for years from Evine/ shop NBC/ and Value vision..  yes returned a top or two, here or there but never had to speak to  CS. 

I have ordered mattresses, TV’s, you name it. Guess I have been lucky not to have had a problem.  Sorry to hear all these bad CS experiences 🙁

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I KNOW! Tell me about it! I have also ordered and returned to EVINE without issue.

The difference for ME is that this order was packed poorly via the warehouse and damaged occurred during shipping DUE to the poor packing. Items were lost (fell out due to holes, box ripping/not being sealed correctly) and damaged. I've never had this happen before with EVINE all my returns have been simple returns (talking 2 over 8 years).

The Notary and claims is their normal operating procedure. They also asked if I'd filed a POLICE REPORT and if not, why.

FOR SOAP?!

Since I've never had to send back a damaged item, I don't know if this nightmare has always been in place or if it's something new. Don't care as I'm done with this  company.

Honored Contributor

Wow.  At least you have warned several hundred people that have and will read your post.  I've never returned anything but jewelry with no trouble.  This is just plain disgusting,  How you paid has nothing to do with this poicy.  No wonder they are in trouble, I no longer feel sorry for them. 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam   If this notery issue is something required now, I will never take a chance and order something expensive ever  again   from them.  Just stick with my usual  less expensive things that  I always buy and HOPE  that they come undamaged  etc. Thanks for bringing this all to many people's attention. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wow!! That’s crazy.They will never stay in business if they treat customers that badly.

I recently ordered a facial cleansing brush from Morningsave.When I tried to turn it on it didn’t work.I emailed them asking if they would please cover the return shipping charges.They emailed me back the next day.They told me to throw it out & that they credited my account for the total cost including original shipping.They also told me to keep the 2 full size products that came with the device!! Now that’s excellent customer service!!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I don't think the cost matters. I think what matters is that EVINE doesn't want to give out ONE PENNY so they make a customer jump through so many hoops. Like someone else said, they hope you'll just give up.

The items missing come to $180 or less Compared to a watch or skin care or a piece of jewelry it isn't that much ( I don't think but that's me) especially when you compare it to the overall amount of the order. I paid for shipping back and they will credit my account for the other items returned. 

I bet if the cost of the item was $15, they would STILL require a NOTARY. Who knows.

Respected Contributor

Thay have never improved their CS.  Just as bad as when they were SHOP NBC.  There were many posts on the hsn boards back then about the Smart Label and returns getting "lost".  Ordered a pricey ring once from  Carlo Viani (remember the singing vendor?)   It was a wave stackable ring - black, chocolate and white diamonds.   It was dreadful. Paid extra and sent it back via FEDEX to ensure I received  a refund.  

Trusted Contributor

Wow, thank you for posting this.  I stopped shopping with them because of shipping costs and I'm glad I never had to return anything. 

Valued Contributor

I have only ever returned one thing to them and it was a defective item. I goy a full refund. With Beekman gone, so am I.