Honored Contributor

You'd Think We should all be Beautiful!

based on all of the beauty products we all buy!  Look, I'm not any different, I buy stuff too.

My problem is buy a lot of different makeup.  I don't buy much wrinkle cream or any of that stuff (just Dr. Denese for years works great).

I don't know about many of you but I'm so tired of hearing about how this or that is going to do this and/or that for my face.

Until someone comes up with something to tell me how to shed this fat.....step out of it ..... start all over....I'll pass.

Phew!  I'll go sit down now.

Frequent Contributor

Re: You'd Think We should all be Beautiful!

@Annabellethecat66 

I think truly...we are all beautiful just the way we are.

Makeup, skincare, and fragrance are fun to play with and also useful in keeping us healthy and happy. I watch the ingredients for what goes on my face and I do watch to see if anything shows improvement. But at the end of the day I can admit I just really like pretty things that make me happy. 

Some girls collect purses or shoes or diamonds. I collect elemis and tarte. 😁

Honored Contributor

Short of plastic surgery, there's a limit on what creams and makeup can do.  Now, if I were a very talented makeup artist, I might be able to change my facial structure using makeup, but I bet it wouldn't look very natural.  I can't change my eye shape or make my nose smaller, or my neck longer, etc..  Sometimes I kinda feel like even a plastic surgeon wouldn't know what to do to make me pretty.  I'm not a beautiful woman.  I know that.  But, sometimes I can actually feel pretty if I'm having a really good hair and makeup day.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm completely comfortable being out and about without a stitch of makeup on, and most days do not wear any.  I have a minimal makeup look for when I'm meeting friends for lunch and such, and then my full makeup look for church.  I could show a side-by-side pic of no makeup vs full makeup and you would see there's not a huge difference.  Mostly just more polished.

Honored Contributor

I’ve stepped out of the nonsense and utter madness of the beauty industry.  

Honored Contributor

At my age their is a huge difference with and without make-up.  For years I only used mascara on my eyes and then I went back to eye shadow, liner and mascara and do my brows.  What a difference.  (for the better)  I try to do a good skincare routine and I also use some type of foundation and sunscreen every day.  Maybe some powder too.  I don't expect miracles, but it makes me feel better.   Doing all the skincare routine is important to me and it does make some difference.  My problem is I try too many difference brands and then feel I have to finish them since I try not to ever throw any away.  I'm working on finishing up some brands and also not trying everything that sounds good.

Valued Contributor

I don't believe the "you will look years younger" hype, but I can have dry skin or tired looking eyes. I just want to look more refreshed. I do love makeup though, mostly lip products. I feel naked if I leave the house without lipstick or gloss on.

Esteemed Contributor

The anti-aging skin care pitches that I hear and read about make me roll my eyes. I watch a lot of youtube beauty videos and when young women in their 30s are going on and on about using expensive skincare, I’m thinking you don’t even have any lines or wrinkles yet! They must be using a camera filter.

It’s always been bizarre that teen and 20 year old models are used for magazine print ads and advetorials for anti-aging skin care products. No wonder print media is dying since nobody is buying the b.s.

Esteemed Contributor

Never used makeup. Was an Olay girl since high school. I do not do fashion trends. I’m just me in black pull on pants, and Tees.  Sometimes I wonder who that person is in the mirror. 

Honored Contributor

Everyone's idea of beauty is different.  For me it's a matter of looking and feeling my best and not just giving up trying to look the best I can because I am aging.   There is a huge difference in how I look without makeup and it's not a positive one.  I want to be my best every day - for me!

If I had known to use great skincare when I was younger I have no doubt that my skin would look even better than it does now at 66.  I waited until I already had signs of aging in my late 40's.

It just boils down to each person's choices.  Whatever you choose (to use good products or not) be happy and confident with your choice and enjoy life.  

Esteemed Contributor

Like I always say:   Beauty is an attitude, have a good one.   I believe that every woman is beautiful in her own way.   Accentuate the positive.

Back when QVC was new and I was much younger, I used to fall for the hype and bought many of the "anti-aging" brands.  Wasted a heckava lot of money!  Finally decided that keeping my skin healthy, my body healthy, and a confident, pleasant attitude made me look more youthful than any expensive lotion or potion.  

If I'd stayed out of the sun when I was younger, would I have fewer blotches and spots?  Sure!  But I had a lot of fun back then.   Enjoy life and stop obsessing about every blotch and wrinkle.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt