Honored Contributor

Re: You'd Think We should all be Beautiful!

I like beauty items but the older I get the more I want to simplify.  I just am not going to layer 5 different skin treatments on my face.  I have never been a fan of doing that. I'm down to a good humectant moisturizer at night and and a good day cream.  I used to use an undereye cream but have found I don't need it if my moisturizer is humectant enough.  I like beauty products but, at some point realized I was spending too much time thinking about it and too much money and something inside just said, STOP.....enough is enough!  Anyway, that's where I am with it all. 

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

based on all of the beauty products we all buy!  Look, I'm not any different, I buy stuff too.

My problem is buy a lot of different makeup.  I don't buy much wrinkle cream or any of that stuff (just Dr. Denese for years works great).

I don't know about many of you but I'm so tired of hearing about how this or that is going to do this and/or that for my face.

Until someone comes up with something to tell me how to shed this fat.....step out of it ..... start all over....I'll pass.

Phew!  I'll go sit down now.

Annabelle I love your posts. You are funny and you tell it like it is. Keep on posting.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66I am sure you ARE beautiful.  (I have been readiing your posts for years.)

Anyway, I think reasonable use of products can help one's appearance somewhat, i.e. sunscreen during the day, retin A at night, proper cleansing, etc.  When I say help somewhat, I am not speaking of dramatic changes.  

The point is to be comfortable in your own skin.  If it makes someone feel good to use makeup or skincare, and they can afford it, I don't see the problem.  Personally, I have to be careful though not to buy too much. 

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 , you are beautiful. Just ask Bill, he'll tell you. Cat Wink

Frequent Contributor

Different strokes for different folks, like they used to say! I have worn makeup all my life, fair freckly skin and had blonde hair. So when I don't wear makeup it looks like I don't have any eyelashes and all the aging issues are right there. It's just how people are used to seeing me and I don't like them looking at me like, OMG what happened to you!? I've had a friend for years with an olive, clear complexion and dark hair and IMO it's much easier for her to go without makeup. I too have spent a fortune on QVC over the years trying to find products that do what they claim. I try to stick to what works for me, until they quit making it of course and I have to find something else! We all just need to do what's right for us and be happy! I'm 70 now and let my hair go gray in the last couple of years and thankfully it's a pretty gray, but I'm not ready to go without makeup! I really wish we embraced aging in this country in general!!

Honored Contributor

I've always taken care of my skin, right down to Bonnie Bell because we thought all teenagers had "pools" of grease on their face!

I think I'll have to look at the "big guns" soon.  I've researched and found that injections now have lidocaine!  I had enough injections around my eyes with cystic acne.!

Valued Contributor

But  we are beautiful!

cathy from ma

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Don’t care what anyone says. Everyone IS more beautiful with a little mascara and lipstick. Nothing wrong with buying makeup and using it to look your best.
Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:
Don’t care what anyone says. Everyone IS more beautiful with a little mascara and lipstick. Nothing wrong with buying makeup and using it to look your best.

********  I agree!  I've said this before....If I think my barn needs painted, I'm going to paint it!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Makeup enhances our beauty.  Skincare on the other hand is a complicated decision to pay $$$.  If skincare (product you use) REALLY makes a difference, I want to know about it.  I am now using an eye cream that has improved the appearance in my eye area.  However, I was using a night cream that had retinoid (SP?) in it and it started drying my skin (I stopped using).  I find that oils always make my skin soft and lessen the look of fine lines and wrinkles.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength