Honored Contributor

Re: You are given $25,000 to use as you wish to improve your looks......

Hmmmmm    Well, I'd wait until I lost that 50lbs, I'm determined to lose.  I'm down 12, so I'm optimistic.   After that, I think I would get a boob lift and some lipo on my calves.  Which I only just discovered was an option.  My calves are not athletic, just bigger than I want.  Losing weight and getting a little lipo would let me wear regular boots.  I wouldn't have to buy wide calf boots. 

Honored Contributor

No contest at all for me.

I would use it to pay for skin removal surgery (would have to check to see how much/which procedure this amount of money would cover) because I lost over 100 lbs. and not an ounce of it was skin!

Honored Contributor

Congrats, @willdob3 and @chrystaltree.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I was not working I'd probably plan a trip (a trip to bora bora would go a long way in improving my looks), but given my current life I'd probably put it in the bank and forget about it.  I understand the comments about dental work...so pricey and major dental coverage covers very little (price of a car to have implants and yet this is the recommendation from dentists rather than bridgework). Insurance has not caught up with current dental practices (or trying to ignore it due to the costs).  Hope you get your veneers!  Crystaltree and Willdob3....awesome job, too bad you can't just spend money to lose weight, we would all be sylph like....I always wonder how people have been successful.  I think it is such internal powerful determination......such admiration for both of you!

Honored Contributor

Dental work!

Honored Contributor

A personal trainer or chef sound like good ideas to me, but what I would really love is a person to come to my house and style my hair every day. I wonder how many days $25K would get me? 

Respected Contributor

I am too afraid of cosmetic surgery, so even if I had the money, I would not do it. If I were fearless, and had the bucks, I would choose a little work around my eyes and may suck some fat out from under chin / under the jaw line / neck. So since that's not gonna happen, I'd get my teeth whitened.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fix my teeth; health-wise first, then aesthetically.

Followed by joining the YMCA for its classes & workout facilities.

Valued Contributor

I'd use it to add a personal gym in my home.  I'd pick all the machines that are fun to use, mount a big tv on the wall and install a stereo system with all my favorite songs programmed. It would be painted in a color l liked.  It would just be MY room.  Yup, a girl can dream. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Trusted Contributor

1) personal trainer 

2) nutritionist to plan the best meals for me

3) I think I would look better if I worked less and had more time to relax