Esteemed Contributor

How would a YT'er grow enhancing their presentations if they aren't given constructive feedback (even if it is by way of opting out of watching to the end something in which I have no interest).

Maybe selfish, but the way I see it my time is worth $$ too. So unless I get paid to watch, I don't feel compelled to hang in there. 

@monicakm  Even though I see this differently, I really admire your kindness and compassion with regard to this subject.🌸🌸🌸

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz 

Thank you.  I don't feel  compelled to watch if I lose interest but I do want to leave a positive feedback (thumbsup) even if I don't want to finish it.  You know how sometimes when you go out to eat you may not like your meal but that doesn't always mean it was "bad".  It just means your tastebuds didn't jive with what you ate Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@magicmoodz 

Thank you.  I don't feel  compelled to watch if I lose interest but I do want to leave a positive feedback (thumbsup) even if I don't want to finish it.  You know how sometimes when you go out to eat you may not like your meal but that doesn't always mean it was "bad".  It just means your tastebuds didn't jive with what you ate Smiley Happy

@monicakm 

This is a perfect analogy and made me immediately think of my tipping habits. While it rarely happens, it doesn't matter if the service is not up to the standards one would expect, I still always without fail leave a minimum of 20%. Why? 

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@banned again 

Thanks for the info.  What do you think/know about pulling the red line thingy/time indicator all the way to the end if you don't want to watch till the end?  Does YT see that as a fully watched video?

I don't know that they are counting fully watched videos, but if a lot of people do what you said, the YT analytics will show that there was high viewer engagement in the beginning, and then high viewer engagement at the end. Usually videos have high viewer engagement at the beginning and it slumps off. Here's an example:

QVC643.png

Honored Contributor

LOL, this hits home.  Without a doubt the service is almost always  excellent but on the rare occasion it's bad my husband will say "well she/hje not getting much of a tip!"  Then when it comes time to leave a tip, he'll always leave the appropriate amt.  He says you never know. Maybe they're having a really bad day, got bad news, trouble at home or on the job, sick.  And if they go over and above so will the tip.

Honored Contributor

@banned again 

Verrrry interesting.  So it appears that perhaps YT does pay attention to a completed video.  Just in case that's the case, I'll continue to push the time line thingy to the end if I don't care to finish the video.  Maybe I've already gleamed the info I need/want without finishing it.  Whatever, I feel bad for their income and popularity to not finish regardless of the reason UNLESS it's just a bad BAD production all around and I feel like no effort or low effort was put into the production.  In that case, I'll vote with a thumbs down and not finish the vid.  This is maybe 2% of what I watch.  Thank you for your insight Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

You do realize you don't have to watch all the sponsored stuff, right?  Just drag the red timeline thingy to skip it.  I even do this  hands free if I'm watching/listening on the Nest Hubs.  For example I'll say "Hey Google, skip ahead 45 seconds".  

@monicakm   Not referring to the ads, but rather the time it takes for them to gush over the products they've been  "gifted" and feel obligated to review and thank the company for providing the products. Yes, I do know that I can skip by moving the red line at the bottom. My point was that so many seem to be sponsored by jewelry, stores, makeup lines, that you really don't get an honest review .  

Honored Contributor

Re: You Tube Analytics

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@banned again 

Thanks for the info.  What do you think/know about pulling the red line thingy/time indicator all the way to the end if you don't want to watch till the end?  Does YT see that as a fully watched video?

I have never ever seen a YT ad and never knew it was a thing till I saw it on my husband's phone.  That would drive me crazy!  I found out the reason I didn't (prior to subscribing) was due to ad-block software.  I wasn't aware the software worked on videos.  Of course now that I pay for YT videos/music (on all 13 of the Google Nest Hubs in the house), I don't see or hear any ads.  I've had ad-block software a lot longer than I've had YT so ads have never been a thing

@monicakm , the ads drive my bonkers.  I heard a YTber say that if your video is under 10 minutes, there is one ad.  I've not found that to be the case.  I watch YT on our tv, not my phone so unless I want to pay to go ad-free, there is nothing I can do.     

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

How would a YT'er grow enhancing their presentations if they aren't given constructive feedback (even if it is by way of opting out of watching to the end something in which I have no interest).

Maybe selfish, but the way I see it my time is worth $$ too. So unless I get paid to watch, I don't feel compelled to hang in there. 

@monicakm  Even though I see this differently, I really admire your kindness and compassion with regard to this subject.🌸🌸🌸

@magicmoodz , now I feel mean but I don't worry about their "grade" or analytics.  LOL  I'm watching purely for entertainment and if I'm not interested, I just move on.  I have no problem unsubscribing from anyone and in fact just did that with a beauty influencer who got on my last nerve  and I'm not sure how that affects them but oh well.  

Because I watch from the app on my tv, I can't t like a video or make a comment.  Once in awhile I'll go to my phone and like a video if I'm feeling overly nice.  Woman LOL  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

Oh no need to feel mean. Your time is valuable. I have grown weary of YT influencers who get free product/$$ by the companies for whom they promote and then on top of it get $$ because I choose to watch. Shea Whitney's husband just quit his job to devote his time to her YT channel.

I get that these videos can be fun for entertainment purposes, but the way influencers change their HG constantly...well just call me cynical.  I find reading posters comments on this board more meaningful. When someone says "I hated it and immediately threw it in the garbage" I pay attention.😄