Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: You NEED a New Refrigerator

@SurferWife wrote:

@monicakm 

Yes, I do stand up to apply my make-up.  I sit for 8-10 hours a day in front of my computer, so standing up to apply my make-up is a reprieve from that.  Truthfully, I have always stood up to apply my make-up...in the bathroom mostly...until we moved into this home last July.  My husband bought some shelves & we strategically placed them for my beauty time.  I have a comfy matt to stand on, so I'm not directly standing on the tile.

P.S. - good to know I'm not othe only one to take an hour to apply my make-up (full face day). 😜

I stand to do everything in the bathroom....well except using the toilet.  I have nowhere to sit to put on makeup or do hair nor would I have anywhere for a mirror to look down into.  Any mirror sitting on the counter would be too high for me in a sitting position.  

Basically, I get up at 6:30 for my shower and hair, makeup, and clothes done by about 8:00.  The makeup part takes about 10-15 minutes I think, after which I finish drying my hair and getting dressed.  

Honored Contributor

Re: You NEED a New Refrigerator

@Icegoddess 

I stand to do everything in the bathroom....well except using the toilet. 

LOL

My back would never hold me up to do makeup and hair.  While a teenager putting on makeup, I'd sit on the toilet with my makeup mirror on the counter.  Lucky for me the (apple green) sink was at the other end of the vanity.  That was the mid to late 70s