Honored Contributor

Re: You NEED a New Refrigerator

@LuvSoCal 

Will do!  We decided to wait until tomorrow to drive into town.  Saturday traffic in Honolulu downright s u c k s!

The one I'm looking at is at Best Buy (their brand Insignia). It gets 4.6/5 stars.  We actually have that brand in a full size freezer & it works like a champ.  I think it is a trustworthy brand, so I don't have any concerns with that brand not working.  I don't think I'd bother buying some cutesy little brand that I saw on Amazon.  There were too many bad reviews.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

How about just a cooler with ice packs ! Lol !

Honored Contributor

@Chessa35 

Ice packs have to be refrozen.  What's the point of having to constantly refreeze ice packs to keep my skin care products cool?  If I were going to the beach with a six-pack of beer a cooler with ice packs would be fine, but not for storing skincare items.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

You thought I was serious ?

Honored Contributor

Woo-hoo!  I purchased my mini-fridge & it fits perfectly below my make-up mirror!  I've put some items in it, but I have more I need to put in it.  I'm resting now.

3E9D4DDE-5CA5-4560-ADD7-397E8C4E1CF7.jpeg

B95E3833-536B-4D00-BEDF-D33A7180D6C9.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I have nowhere to keep one, not even one of those tiny ones specifically designed for skincare, nor a spare outlet.  If I was going to use one I would want it in the bathroom where I would be using the products.  I have one of those plug-in multi outlets, but I already have one cord snaking up from the cabinet underneath for my Hairmax. Don't want any more.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

I didn't realize you were going with a dorm size fridge Smiley Surprised  Enjoy!  AFAIK we've only ever had Insignia TVs  and they're great!   We tried two other brands first (cost more) and didn't like the picture.  We have 2 46 or 48" Insignia TVs and a smaller  one in the kitchen.  Vizio in the office and Mitus in the den.  It's 22 years old.  65".  We're not out there much and only watch it during football season.  If/when we replace it, I'm sure we'll go with Insignia.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Do you stand up to apply your makeup?  I don't think I could wear makeup if I stood up to apply it.  If I take my time like I like to do it takes an hour.  Then there's hair, teeth, getting dressed and accessorized Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Yes, I do stand up to apply my make-up.  I sit for 8-10 hours a day in front of my computer, so standing up to apply my make-up is a reprieve from that.  Truthfully, I have always stood up to apply my make-up...in the bathroom mostly...until we moved into this home last July.  My husband bought some shelves & we strategically placed them for my beauty time.  I have a comfy matt to stand on, so I'm not directly standing on the tile.

P.S. - good to know I'm not othe only one to take an hour to apply my make-up (full face day). 😜

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SurferWife 

I didn't realize you were going with a dorm size fridge Smiley Surprised  Enjoy!  AFAIK we've only ever had Insignia TVs  and they're great!   We tried two other brands first (cost more) and didn't like the picture.  We have 2 46 or 48" Insignia TVs and a smaller  one in the kitchen.  Vizio in the office and Mitus in the den.  It's 22 years old.  65".  We're not out there much and only watch it during football season.  If/when we replace it, I'm sure we'll go with Insignia.

@monicakm 

We have an Insignia stand up freezer (can be used as a refrigerator, but we needed a second freezer) and that baby works like a champ!!  Insignia is a great brand, so that's why I chose to buy the Insignia mini-fridge (1.7 cubic feet).  My husband has already asked where his beer space is....HA! HA!